Primer on armor

preparation is the key for a good paint job.the trick is to paint your suit in such a way that when you have finished it does not look like you have painted it.

first job wash your plastic warm soapy water,this get rid of any grease.

Key you styrene first with some 600-800 grit sand paper.Then wash off the dust,dry it or let it dry.

The primer paint first off needs a tack coat,(very light covering) leave for 45-ish seconds,now the plastic is ready for the cover coat or coats.Again this does not have to be heavey keep the can moving up and down left to right.leave 30 seconds between coats.Then put the part by for 24 hours as a rule.

now the primer can be sanded to take off any over spray then washed just with water dryed ready for the top finishing coat.

Do this the same as the primer thin layers keep the can moving and about 6-8 inches away from your part.Again in an ideal world a good 24 hours for the paint to cure.I have put krylon away for a week before the final process before now.

The final and i feel most important part of painting a suit is the final polishing sand,with wet and dry paper 1500 grit and use it wet.Do small areas at a time and wipe away the past it forms with a cloth.You will see painted plastic turn into white glass.

finally,novas or T-cut for a super deep shine,stand back pat your self on the back job well done.

Edited by stukatrooper

preparation is the key for a good paint job.the trick is to paint your suit in such a way that when you have finished it does not look like you have painted it.

Key you styrene first with some 600-800 grit sand paper.Then wash off the dust,dry it or let it dry.

The primer paint first off needs a tack coat,(very light covering) leave for 45-ish seconds,now the plastic is ready for the cover coat or coats.Again this does not have to be heavey keep the can moving up and down left to right.leave 30 seconds between coats.Then put the part by for 24 hours as a rule.

now the primer can be sanded to take off any over spray then washed just with water dryed ready for the top finishing coat.

Do this the same as the primer thin layers keep the can moving and about 6-8 inches away from your part.Again in an ideal world a good 24 hours for the paint to cure.I have put krylon away for a week before the final process before now.

The final and i feel most important part of painting a suit is the final polishing sand,with wet and dry paper 1500 grit and use it wet.Do small areas at a time and wipe away the past it forms with a cloth.You will see painted plastic turn into white glass.

finally,novas or T-cut for a super deep shine,stand back pat your self on the back job well done.

Yeah... that's what I meant. :salute:

Very in-depth, thank you very much.

• 2 weeks later...

I saved this thread as I am starting the painting process on a few of my finished parts, Which Novus have you guys used? 1, 2, or 3?

Im going to attempt and see if anyone carries it locally, I dont figure thats likely to happen but doesnt hurt to try, if not Ill just order some and wait to polish it up..