helmet to match armour.

Hi All,

Sorry in advance, as im asking yet another question, but heres my problem

Ive got a HIPS helmet from evil bay and painted it with the paint that was suggested by others on here ( thanks again it did the job awesomely ) but now i have the problem that the helmet is still a different colour to the rest of the armour, it seems much whiter than the rest of the armour and therefore stands out a bit. So do i just leave it as it is or do i take on the monstrous task of perhaps painting all the armour to match my helmet? I know i would lose the great shine you get with the ABS finish, but everything would match up colour wise and would be brilliant white ( the armour looks a slightly off white, im assuming most are like this? )

I dont mind the extra work and expense of painting the whole armour, im enjoying modding my armour to fit and installing a voice amp etc.. but i dont know if its frowned upon? Ie is it bad to not have that shiny ABS finish? The paint im using gives a nice glossy effect but nothing compared to the ABS currently adorning my armour.

Any help and advice appreciated, esp as i want to get 501st approved asap ( im worried the paint job may affect this )

Thanks in advance :)

Helmet color shouldn't affect your ability to join the 501st. 501st standards are relatively low and easily attainable. achieving EIB status on this forum though is another story. Post pictures if possible.

Yeah recently i think ive decided that painted helmets look better too, i cant seem to find the right paint and this colour was recommended to me, im happy with the finish too, im just unsure if the difference in colour is too much and i would be better off matching the armour to the lid as obviously i know exactly what paint to use. Ive also just started to decal my helmet *doh*