15mm wide for biceps and forearms

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, they go on arms and legs.

20mm wide for front/back of thighs and front of shins

25mm wide for back of shins

15mm wide for biceps and forearms

:)

ive been searching for clear info on this..... ive read 30mm for the fronts of thighs and legs. backs of thighs and legs are whatever is needed to make your armor fit. 20mm for the fronts of forearms and bicepts with whatever is needed in the back for fitting. there was a great thread that went into detail about this but i cant find it again for the life of me. there must be sum sort of standardized spec for the front seem/finish strip for both legs and arms

ive been searching for clear info on this..... ive read 30mm for the fronts of thighs and legs. backs of thighs and legs are whatever is needed to make your armor fit. 20mm for the fronts of forearms and bicepts with whatever is needed in the back for fitting. there was a great thread that went into detail about this but i cant find it again for the life of me. there must be sum sort of standardized spec for the front seem/finish strip for both legs and arms

You may have gotten the 30mm and 20mm from my AM build thread:

I used 20mm and 30mm cover strips for the exterior, cut from the extra plastic strips that come with the kit. I realize that 15mm and 20mm are more accurate - and I tried it that way at first - but the wider strips seemed more proportional to the kit's dimensions as it will be fitted to my measurements. For the interior strips, I used the scrap plastic resulting from trimming off the overlap strips - waste not, want not. ^_^

If you can make it work for you, definitely use the more accurate specs - especially since you're building TE-derived armor.

Why not just post in this thread so that everyone can benefit - or is the info you have secret????

you know mark... this type of comment is negative in it's content.

I was trying to offer some personal one on one help.

what is the main problem here sir?

20 25 and 15? is that really the sizes in MM?

that seems a little large?

and we obviously have a point of confusion here... 30mm? 25mm? that's brian's dimensions for his AM build.

to cover the proportions, and his personal body type.

I don't have any desire to make every thread comment I make into a public debate.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

you know mark... this type of comment is negative in it's content.

I was trying to offer some personal one on one help.

what is the main problem here sir?

20 25 and 15? is that really the sizes in MM?

that seems a little large?

and we obviously have a point of confusion here... 30mm? 25mm? that's brian's dimensions for his AM build.

to cover the proportions, and his personal body type.

I don't have any desire to make every thread comment I make into a public debate.

I don't think Marks intent was to be a "bad trooper", but a 'I'm frustrated with my build' comment.(or I hope so) We've all at one point looked at a big pile of plastic and tryed not to :6: , so with that said, Ahhhhemmm, "Mark as a long serving Harmy Boi, now that we told you, we now have to :Laser: you!" :laugh1:

• 5 weeks later...

I think that there is some interest in knowing exactly the dimensions of the finishing strip.

and the base below that for each part.

it would help to get the details all set so that every troop has the same dimensions on their kits.

the front of the armor's legs and arms should be a consistent size?

don't you think?

I know I had to change the base size below my finishing strips on my biceps and arms

to allow them to fit larger arms.

and my legs needed no real adjustment, because the overlaping strip of 25mm was fine enough to accomodate my shins.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392