Mic tips with speakers - wich ones to get?

In aerator speakers are rubbish yes. Not bug enough to produce enough volume

I don't do it that way, I do it like this

completetrim2.jpg

P2080346.jpg

P2080344.jpg

This method is not quiet. But the chest mod with a ring of foam around the neck, is also fine

Changing the mic helps lots mind guys. the less sensitive they are, then the less they are likely to pick up feedback. Trust me :)

• 10 months later...

Calling the mic tips with built in speakers rubbish is a bit harsh, especially as people take the time to put this stuff together and make it available to us all. Its amazing how many options we have thanks to peoples dedication and ingenuity. It all depends on what the user wants.

I am not interested in wires and chest or belt mounted equipment so I use 501st creations hovi tip speakers with the RomFX sound board and I have never had any issues with loudness or feedback. You just gotta take some time installing them and sealing off to avoid feedback.

I like the mod above and may give that a try down the road though.....with next set of armor ;)

Jim Sauter TK-6294 from star garrison in Texas ( I believe) sells an AKER amp system with a ptt cable at the end of a cord that is long enough to run down your arm. The speaker is deafening. When the PTT button is pushed, it gives a loud "click" just like in the original ANH and the same click when released. I positioned the speaker on my chest just high enough that the sound comes out the top of my chestpiece and sounds like it's coming out of the helmet. Just this last weekend, I did a troop for a toy fair at Navy Pier in Chicago. The loudspeaker system went down and they asked me to get the attention of the breakfast crowd because my speaker was so loud....BEHIND MY CHESTPIECE!!Everyone that comments says "Wow..your helmet has the speakers, too!!"

The unit is rechargeable and once you get the volume dialed in...feedback doesn't happen.

Contact jim at familyjim72@yahoo.com

• 3 weeks later...

Jim Sauter TK-6294 from star garrison in Texas ( I believe) sells an AKER amp system with a ptt cable at the end of a cord that is long enough to run down your arm. The speaker is deafening. When the PTT button is pushed, it gives a loud "click" just like in the original ANH and the same click when released. I positioned the speaker on my chest just high enough that the sound comes out the top of my chestpiece and sounds like it's coming out of the helmet. Just this last weekend, I did a troop for a toy fair at Navy Pier in Chicago. The loudspeaker system went down and they asked me to get the attention of the breakfast crowd because my speaker was so loud....BEHIND MY CHESTPIECE!!Everyone that comments says "Wow..your helmet has the speakers, too!!"

The unit is rechargeable and once you get the volume dialed in...feedback doesn't happen.

Contact jim at familyjim72@yahoo.com

Yes i use a similiar setup with the Aker mounted behind the chest piece with the PTT cable running down the arm strapped to the finger inside my gloves and it is also attached to the new Icomm which is pretty good to use and sounds great.

• 1 year later...

...I use 501st creations hovi tip speakers with the RomFX sound board and I have never had any issues with loudness or feedback. You just gotta take some time installing them and sealing off to avoid feedback.

I like the mod above and may give that a try down the road though.....with next set of armor wink.png

Today I wired up the ICOMM with hovi tip speakers without problems of feedback. I have them plugged into an amp and believe me there are no problems with loudness! My ears are ringing. I guess it depends on which speakers you get or if they are in enclosures or not.