Need some help putting my belt together

I have searched all over and the more I search the more I get confused. I am trying to do this as accurate as possible and I have a few questions. I am building with an AP kit and going ANH stunt.

Some of my questions are more about the best way to do it and not so much accuracy.

Drop boxes: What color are the straps? I have seen both used on these boards. (black and white)

Holster: What is screen accurate? rivets? 2 0r 4? (i am using brown leather straps to attach it to the belt)

Button covers on front of belt: do I put the snaps on this area and cover the snaps or should I just glue them on for looks only. and glue the snaps on the inside?

This seems like it should be one of the easiest parts of the build but it is the most confusing for me.

Ok if you want to do this to follow the way the screen suits were you will like to follow this.

The plastic ammo belt is riveted to the canvas belt and the rivet covers are glued over the top to hide the rivets.

Here is is just before i riveted the plastic ammo part to the canvas belt

gu3awDM.jpg

R2Riujz.jpg

u0HJsFp.jpg

The drop boxes are rivited to the 1 inch white elastic which is simply looped over the belt so they can freely move around

7Lq0ncv.jpg

lLhQeR2.jpg

If your going all the way the belt was held up to the ab plate using 2 snaps, on the inside of the elastic for the drop boxes just like this

Bo5xe2z.jpg

PO68L0q.jpg

The holster is attached using 4 screws or rivets for the hero version and 2 for the stunt version.

Thanks that is just what I was looking for. What type of rivets are those? I have a rivet gun and the rivets look more like the ones holding your drop boxes on. The ones on your belt look different. And if you remember, could you tell me what size?

I use jeans rivets on my belt so that there is no ugly back end of a pop rivet waiting to catch on the armour somewhere, these are flat both sides. Check your local fabric store.

• 1 month later...

Ok if you want to do this to follow the way the screen suits were you will like to follow this.

The plastic ammo belt is riveted to the canvas belt and the rivet covers are glued over the top to hide the rivets.

Here is is just before i riveted the plastic ammo part to the canvas belt

The drop boxes are rivited to the 1 inch white elastic which is simply looped over the belt so they can freely move around

If your going all the way the belt was held up to the ab plate using 2 snaps, on the inside of the elastic for the drop boxes just like this

The holster is attached using 4 screws or rivets for the hero version and 2 for the stunt version.

I'm tackling the belt today, judging by your pics Mark, you fire up the hair dryer (I don't have a heat gun!) to create the bend after riveting the canvas belt?

Ian

Splendid, thanks Mark.

I have seen other build where belt's have been bent permanently but I must admit to being glad not to point the hair dryer in anger again.

Finally riveted the Sniper plate on today, there were some choice words before I finally finished I can tell you!

Cheers,

Ian