What do you think of this armor?

Joker

Thats standard FX armour which is no longer produced by the orginal maker, but still worn by a lot of TKs. If you get it you might want to ditch the helmet and get a more screen accurate one as they are oversized.

I see on another post you had concerns about your fiance's AM armor being too large for you. I believe you will have the same issues with an FX kit because they are the same maker.

I've heard people say it could be trimmed right down to fit a small build female 140 Ibs and 5'4?

Seems very cheap £100s for armor.

My fiance's armor is finished he did not trim much, because of his build close to 300Ibs and 6'4.

Edited by Joker

the armor in question is an FX recast. The AM armor is greatly improved over the one you are looking at. Also the helmet is an older design and poorly recast which has resulted in making it look worse than the FX helmets currently offered by more reputable FX armorers like tupperwareTK.

Edited by Smitty

I would replace the helmet no way it would fit though isn't it possible to trim all of those armor pieces down for a small framed 140Ibs 5'4 female?

Was just concerned how this seller has this armor so cheap.

It's formed in Thailand or something like that.

And you'd be hard pressed to have it trimmed to fit you. I'm 5'9'' 120lbs and it still hung on me. For the price and the work, it's not worth it when you can spend around 300 and just get ATA.

I'd say for your body size, you need to stay away from FX, no matter how good a deal it may seem to be. I'd suggest finding a thread here on the boards of someone who has put together a set of AP armor and send them a private message and get some contact info and prices from them.

Is ATA armor ABS so it won't yellow?

Cheers guys.

ATA armor is made out of HIPS (High Impact Polystyrene). It will require painting ABS doesn't require painting.