Going to CV? Help me find a helmet that fits!

Agent RayBans

I am on a quest to find a TK bucket that fits me comfortably, and that also has "lineage" to the screen used helmets (aka no FX, RT, or A.N.H. suggestions please!)

I figure since I am out in middle of no where Red Neck territory, Vermont that CV is going to be my best bet to have "access" to as many different kinds of helmets as possible. My head is 25.5" around, or a hat size 8+, and my current helmet, a MRCE Mod, fits me very snugly to the point that I really can't stand it anymore. My eyeballs touch the lenses, and I fog up like there is no tomorrow simply due to the fact my face is literally pushed up against the faceplate.

So basically I am looking for people who are going to CV with their armor to volunteer sharing contact info with me, so that we can meet up at some point during the course of the con and to let me try your helmet on. In particular I am looking to try on a TE2, since I have read that some believe it to be the "biggest" accurate helmet, but to date the only bucket I have ever tried is my MRCE.

So, if you are interested in helping me out, post here + what helmet you have, and I will shoot you a PM.

Thanks!

Hayes

Edited by Agent RayBans

The SDS is pretty comfortable. Bigger than the AP, at least. :)

Thanks for the tip, I never considered a SDS before. Well, I have, but I thought he couldn't ship to the states?

Thanks for the tip, I never considered a SDS before. Well, I have, but I thought he couldn't ship to the states?

No, he can't really. Unless you get one second hand. This could be a good time, as the euro is in a low price point. :)

But I'm sure you have other options. Though I have not seen other helmets and don't know how big the others are. I only have my AP and my SDS.

Edited by Dmian

No, he can't really. Unless you get one second hand. This could be a good time, as the euro is in a low price point. :)

Oooo... Well I definitely need to try before I buy. Even if I measured my head, and someone compared it to the dome of their bucket, that wouldn't exactly prove the helmet would fit my head.

My head is very long/deep, from front to back, so even if the diameter of a helmet is larger than my head, my head might/probably would be the wrong shape <_< , if that makes any sense.

Think trying to fit an oval into a round hole that are both the same diameter.

Edited by Agent RayBans

Did you look at ATA, TE2, AP, or T/MC? All trace to screen derived helmets and are all troop-able. TM is a fan sculpt but also very ANH accurate. Also, RT altertered hi molds to add some asymmetry - you should check out his latest as well.

I'll be at CV and will bring some ANH helmets...and maybe even a new RT.

Ill be at CV with my AP ESB TK.. i dont care if you try on the helmet.. the opening is small though... i got a fan and ROM/FX amp and speakers in it too.. but my head fits and thats all that matters... :)