Original TK Belts

I can't sew, and need to come up with another solution (other than stitching velcro to my belt strap). I don't think velcro was even out at the time, so do you think they just used snaps then? I suppose I could try some E-6000 on the back of the velcro? Other than that I don't know what to do? Help! :o

Jess

Edited by jawa001

Is there one that you've tried? Because I tried some before, and it didn't stick at all. Total waste of money.

I use Fabric-Tac. It sticks very well..........I used it to build a pair of clone boots by gluing marine vinyl to a pair of hi-top shoes. Three years later, no issues with the vinyl coming off. Can be found at most fabric stores.

The tape on industrial strength velcro is very strong by itself if you let it cure for 24 hours (despite them not recommending it on fabric) You may want to add some fabric glue just to be safe or just take it to a local seamstress.

I can't sew, and need to come up with another solution (other than stitching velcro to my belt strap). I don't think velcro was even out at the time, so do you think they just used snaps then? I suppose I could try some E-6000 on the back of the velcro? Other than that I don't know what to do? Help! :o

Jess

Jess

Velcro was invented in 1941 mate and you'll find that NASA used heaps of the stuff on their

space/flight suits before and after the moon landing :D

Was in on the original belts?,...all indications would say YES!!. B)

If you really don't fancy sewing it on to your belt then a good strong fabric glue should work

if not then a flexable CA glue will work a treat :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Try taking the velcro and belt to a shoe repair shop if your lucky enough to have one. They have the industrial sewing machines and usually charge 5-10 bucks at the most to get it on for you.

Had to shorten mine and our local shop charge me 7.00 to remove the velcro shorten the belt and reattach. My sewing skills are not up to imperial standards as well :)