questions before i start my first build

my first armor is almost ready!! but after going over my screen caps i noticed a few details, they are small but i would like to include them in my build, would these details be acceptable?

tube stripes go all the way to the ears

the belt only has 1 drop box and it is dark gray (looks about the same gray as the tears and traps) i thougt at first it was just shadow but it is gray from every angle and lighting.

and the wrap around shoulder pauldron of course

would these changes be acceptable? for 501st acceptance and EIB? can i even get EIB status as an incinerator trooper? i want to make my first armor as accurate as i can, but most of these details are not in the any CRL. i just want to measure twice and cut once :D i cant wait to start cutting plastic!!!

wfQGBhK.pngSo3Ej2J.pngGO9Fjoq.pngHOWejo2.pngKtRQXQd.png3pvpyh3.png

The only one who can say for 100% certainty if it will be accepted is Thomas Spanos, the LMO. I suspect it will depend on references.

Remember that the requirements for most costumes are usually not about 100% screen accuracy, else all ANH TK's for instance would have to have rubber chemical gloves with latex hand plates, etc.

I would suggest - given the evidence you presented - that it would be worthwhile creating a poll to change the CRL/EIB to allow dark gray drop boxes instead of red as is currently required (actually I think Thomas is approving them with none).

For the tube stripes again I believe we can't always go off of renders - the artists sometimes introduce variations w/o any concern for precedent. I'd say that if it looks like an canon TK in terms of tube stripes you're fine, if you add the extra to match the reference this is allowed but not mandatory. Again, this can be voted on too.

Lastly for the pauldron, the current CRL/EIB already states that the folded over version is a should have but both the CRL/EIB & Thomas (LMO) allow the regular kind. Should the EIB be updated? I'd say if we ever get to ~33% of Legion Incinerators being EIB it will be time to up the standards, but I'd like to see more ICN EIB's in the fold before doing so, as currently making a screen accurate pauldron for this costume seems a hard barrier to hit.

• 2 weeks later...

I was playing the game again tonight (360 version) and I noticed that a regular TK only had 1 drop box on his belt.

It's possible that if they scanned/photographed/imaged/whatever a suit of armor from the LFL archives that 1 drop box may have fallen off over time. Another reason could be it's a limitation of the animation model that the other drop box was not able to be added in. Or it could have just been a mistake in the model that no one caught.

I need to look at the other TK and TK styled troopers in the game to see if it's the same for all. Sadly, I don't really have a good setup for taking screen caps.

On 5/16/2010 at 12:28 PM, Murray1134 said:

I was playing the game again tonight (360 version) and I noticed that a regular TK only had 1 drop box on his belt.

It's possible that if they scanned/photographed/imaged/whatever a suit of armor from the LFL archives that 1 drop box may have fallen off over time. Another reason could be it's a limitation of the animation model that the other drop box was not able to be added in. Or it could have just been a mistake in the model that no one caught.

I need to look at the other TK and TK styled troopers in the game to see if it's the same for all. Sadly, I don't really have a good setup for taking screen caps.

yes it is the same on the ps3 version also, none of the tk's have 2 drop boxes. i think it has to do with the weapons animation and lightsaber

the lightsaber attaches where the other drop box should be (playing as a regular tk)

And this is why we require 2 drop boxes. Screen caps have to be interpreted. Kudo's Mason for figuring this out :)