My TK Armor Build

Thanks for your support troops! It's all connected already (See below). I think the velcro just came undone. And besides... I can't see a thing in this helmet! :) Stupid lenses were fogging up n everything!

web.jpg?ver=12731653300001

Edited by jawa001

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my stripes for the AP helmet

web.jpg?ver=12812217980001

I also added some padding, which I didn't like as much as I thought I would. They made it way too stuffy in there. I started mounting the lenses and mouth screen in there as well. I ran out of screws for the lenses, but I need different screws anyhow, unless I decide to countersink the heads. I will also add some rubber trim (to frame the lenses) for a more finished look.

web.jpg?ver=12812218030001

Edited by TK 4702

I ordered some of these knee pads (below). And depending on how they feel, I thought I might cut them up and glue (or velcro) in there. Should make it less stuffy, I hope.

51sobolHMgL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

If those don't work, I might try a few sets of these baseball helmet pads. But they're more $$$

sch-288100s.jpg

Edited by jawa001

I also added some padding, which I didn't like as much as I thought I would. They made it way too stuffy in there.

I love that interior! You need fans in there dude or you're gonna pass out on your first troop, lol. ;) Seriously tho, buy at least two :)

I love that interior! You need fans in there dude or you're gonna pass out on your first troop, lol. ;) Seriously tho, buy at least two :)

I may use the ATA instead, the AP lid is too small.

Received my foam knee pads today. These things are awesome looking,

VERY Stormtrooperie! :D Can't wait to cut 'em up and put them in there!

web.jpg?ver=12746724630001

Edited by TK 4702

• 5 weeks later...

Excellent skills. I notice that you have glued the front of the thigh seems left and right together. Then added a cover strip.

I am going for the same. But can you post some pics on what you did on the back of the thigh and the shin please.

I am stuck at that point. I want to use velcro, but do you over lap? or do you add another strip? Thanks

Excellent skills. I notice that you have glued the front of the thigh seems left and right together. Then added a cover strip.

I am going for the same. But can you post some pics on what you did on the back of the thigh and the shin please.

I am stuck at that point. I want to use velcro, but do you over lap? or do you add another strip? Thanks

I just overlapped it.

Just wanted to say (and give a little bit of a bump I guess) that this is by far my favourite build thread of all, I keep coming back to this one for inspiration and tips every few days or so. Great stuff.

Just wanted to ask Jesse, if possible could you please provide more detail and preferably some more in-depth photos on where and how exactly you attached your thighs to your ab plate? Are they permanently attached?

Thanks mate, again - great build. B):D:duim:

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to say (and give a little bit of a bump I guess) that this is by far my favourite build thread of all, I keep coming back to this one for inspiration and tips every few days or so. Great stuff.

Just wanted to ask Jesse, if possible could you please provide more detail and preferably some more in-depth photos on where and how exactly you attached your thighs to your ab plate? Are they permanently attached?

Thanks mate, again - great build. B):D:duim:

I glued velcro to some elastic, velcro on the inside of the ab plate, snaps on the inside of the thighs.