Best armor Tub for Flight

Hello All,

Waderawpunk's question about armor tubs got me thinking. What do you fly with? Is a large helmet ok for carry on? I can probably fit my gear into a 20-25gal tub without the helmet. But the helmet is what kills me. Does anyone know what is considered "oversize" for luggage? I'll be flying American Airlines to Florida, & Delta back to California. I know both are owned by the same parent company so both should charge the same rate. Blackwatch over in the JRS works for an airline companny & says your tub should be able to withstand at least 3800lbs of pressure on it. With the tubs being square & flat on top. They will deffinatly go on the bottom of the luggage compartment. I'd hate to get to Florida & pick up my luggage only to find my tub was squashed & my gear ruined.

Should be able to withstand 3800 pounds!? Thats nearly two tons. I havent seen the cargo area of a commercial plane but I just cant imagine that much stuff on top of a bin.

I haven't took a flight with any of my gear, but I would feel confident with them transporting it. Your only other option is sending it through the mail.

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Man they get you comming & going literly. I havn't been on an airline in about 5yrs. I can't belive the times haved changed that they now charge for luggage. How do they expect people to travel. Don't give me a super low ticket price & then charge me for luggage, food, nuts, drinks..ect Raise the ticket price a lil & incoroparte all that into the ticket price. Now I have to show up with $50 each time I show up at the ticket counter. The only good thing I may be able to squeeze everything into one bag. But it all depends on how much I spend at Celb 5.

You know now that you mention it, 3800lbs is alot. Now that I do the math. Maybe a few hundred pounds. But with the airlines chargeing outrageous prices for luggage. Mine mite be the only tub in the cargo hold :dancing-trooper:

Here is the ones I get at Wal-Mart for $19.

========

They meet TSA size requirements, and work great, as well as can be locked with a TSA lock. I fir my entire TK (sans bucket) in the bin.

Flown with this multiple times with no issues!!!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

On 4/12/2010 at 11:14 AM, Scott M. said:

Here is the ones I get at Wa-----------

They meet TSA size requirements, and work great, as well as can be locked with a TSA lock. I fir my entire TK (sans bucket) in the bin.

Flown with this multiple times with no issues!!!

That one looks real nice. But could you answer one thing for me? I've seen a couple post with the mention of an approved TSA LOCK. Where do I get one of these? Do they suppy it at the airport when Im checking in my luggage? This sounds most interesting & seems like the best option so far.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021