possible new way to connect armor

I have my shins connected with the over lay seam technique, but the scrap I used to keep it together on the inside split.

I have very little scrap left, and was wondering. If I get some tupperware, and cut it into strips, would this be better due to the flexability of the plastic?

Thanks guys, and it is good to be back

Thomas

I wouldn't use tupperware....go to a local sign shop and see if they have any 1mm or 2mm sintra....much cheaper and studier with all the flexibility.....

I thought sintra was brittle, this is going to need alot of flexability, for years of opening and closing during the dressing. Can sintra be bent that frequently, without cracking under the stress?

Assuming you've got a nice piece of ABS or styrene on the outside, I'd just get some cheap "For Sale" signs at The Home Depot or Walmart and cut those to use as reinforcement on the inside. Some troopers (like Rolf, I believe) don't even bother with the inside. I've used the signs inside clone armor to good effect.

I have my shins connected with the over lay seam technique, but the scrap I used to keep it together on the inside split.

I have very little scrap left, and was wondering. If I get some tupperware, and cut it into strips, would this be better due to the flexability of the plastic?

Thanks guys, and it is good to be back

Thomas

Dude, how long do you need? I have a pile of my abs scraps I can go through. I want to see how bad the split is.

The for sale sign may actually work, remembering that youtube video of the for sale sign trooper. :lol:

Dude, how long do you need? I have a pile of my abs scraps I can go through. I want to see how bad the split is.

The for sale sign may actually work, remembering that youtube video of the for sale sign trooper. :lol:

you talking about that crazy guy who made all but the whole suit out of for sale signs? me and my rommate stumbled onto that one night as i was begining my suit and i gatta say... that was the crapiest thing i've ever seen... lol. it was almost sad enough to be funny. but im unsure. lol.

anyways signs make good use but also if anyone wants abs but doesnt have much scrap, i dunno if he's still selling it, but there was someone on here selling good abs sheets 11" x 7".... i got a couple from him. fair/good price plus it matches my armor 100% :)