Requesting deployment status...

Haha JAY!!!!

Looks good!

Lets see what Scott,and the guys/gals have to say!

Take care man

THANKS!!!...not bad for a lowly FX suit, if I say so myself! :)

Hey!!!, I have an FX suit!!! (I think everyone knows that).

Jay, looks great. I have one favor(request), and one suggestion:

Request: Can we get a picture of your helmet that shows the lens color? Possibly an outdoor shot with the light coming thru? I assume you are going stunt, since you have 4 teeth and the lenses are flat, I just need to verify they are green.

Suggestion: Your kidney/butt plate separation is there, but is shows above the belt, not below as in the movie. I know the standards do not state that (yet), but if you look at the reference pic on the deployment page, you will see what I mean (check out how high the belt rides on the back). I would suggest seeing if you can make an adjustment so the gap shows below, not above the belt (I used Velcro on the inside of my canvas belt, and on the outside of my kidney plate to do this with my first piece).

Other than that, looks like you are all set.

..yeah,now I notice how black they look..they are green...heres a inside shot, let me know if you need more...I tried to get the gap below the belt, but from where it is cut,it just didnt seem to look right below the belt...I know it needs to be seperated for deployment, but does it need to be below the belt?

anhv2014.jpg

..yeah,now I notice how black they look..they are green...heres a inside shot, let me know if you need more...I tried to get the gap below the belt, but from where it is cut,it just didnt seem to look right below the belt...I know it needs to be seperated for deployment, but does it need to be below the belt?

Nice lamp, I need one of those.

As for the separation, I spoke with some of the other staff, and we all feel it needs to be below the belt, as it was in the films.

Let me know, via PM or post if you would like some suggestions on this. If your belt is a permanent fixture on your ab plate, it might be harder to do. A few pieces of industrial velco will help hold it up and in place.

Also, I have an extra back/kidney plate that I purchased, in order to lower my separation. I then decided to go with a ANH kidney/back plate which already come in two pieces, and that will be my next mod; so I do not need the FX one. You could do a cut below, not on the line, and it would work out real nice.

If you want the FX plate, LMK and I will send it to you for the same amount I paid for it.

As you may know, I had a few of these bumps when I did my deployment status, and I am working with Paul and others to get more specific verbiage on the deployment standards. Things like this should not come up, and we will be working to make sure they do not in the future.

The armor looks great, and you are almost there.

:trooper:

cool...almost there!..my blaster tends to pull my belt down cause it has alot of metal parts and it's kinda heavy..I have the front of my belt attached with snaps, but nothing in the back..I'll see what I can do with what I have...if you can post some pics of the way you have your belt ( or start a "THIS is how your belt needs to be for deployment" thread) that would help!..yay , another excuse to work on my armor! ( my wife will hate you! :) )

You got it. Here is a shot from the right ride:

Submit3.jpg

And one of the left:

Submit2.jpg

My belt is also held on using snaps, and what I used was three pieces of 2" industrial Velcro (hook) spread evenly around the kidney plate. It holds very well, and then I just attached the other side (loop) to the inside of my belt. The nice thing is that it helps a ton with the issue of the gun and holster.

Before I did this, I actually added a hook under my ab plate to keep my belt from falling of the snap under the weight of the holster/gun. Now with the Velcro, not an issue at all. Not once did it come off during C IV, and there was one boy at the laser tag area that pulled and tugged and did everything he could to pull it off.

Please let your wife know she can always call mine and vent. I think I know exactly how you fell.

Look forward to seeing this done, and adding our 4th Deployed trooper. I think Paul and Ed are both close as well.

thanks, that helps!...so I was looking through the other deployment request threads and it seems that you ( Scott M ) and I are the only two who got denied due to the butt split... I don't see the split in any of the other deployed troopers pics..is this a newer requirement? Not trying to start anything but it is a bit frustrating that a FX helmet is acceptable, but the split is not..perhaps put the split location to a vote/poll? but I guess if the staff has spoken...it's your world, I'm just livin in it ! :)

The location has more to do with Deployment Status really meaning being screen accurate. All the TK's in ANH had a split, and it was only visible below the belt, thus the requirement for it to be there.

I am working to add to the Deployment Standards for all 4 options (ANH has 2), so these types of "open to interpretation" issues are no more.

Keep at it, you are almost there.

It's because you two are the only ones requesting with FX kits. Chazz & myself have ANH style armor which comes this way. Ed decided to go frankenarmor, e.g. he swapped out his FX back plate with a butt/kidney plate from an ANH armor vendor.

Actually submission pix should show all the relevant details, e.g. including a back or side shot, so show that this mod has been made.

As Scott says - don't give up! You're one mod away and it's looking great so far :)

Ed decided to go frankenarmor, e.g. he swapped out his FX back plate with a butt/kidney plate from an ANH armor vendor.

Actually I'm also on an FX kit, butt/kidney plate as well. My mix will be with helmet once my RT-mod arrives.

Let me see if I have any side pics as reference.