My RoTJ E-11

Nassik

This blaster is the result of the hard work and dedication of my brother in-law, Dave Carver. I gathered all of the parts but Dave did all all the assembly work, part fabrication when bits I bought wouldn't work, puttying, primer work, painting, and weathering. He also created the display stand that the E-11 rests on.

This blaster is comprised of various parts collected from around the world (literally). The core of this E-11 is the SR Props E-11 kit and it took a lot of effort to convert it into a RoTJ E-11 from the ANH version that the kit comes as. I thank TK-J in particular as he provided me with the elusive U-track and with my first version of the muzzle. He has been a fantastic resource and help in the creation of this blaster. Thanks J!

This RoTJ E-11 isn't perfect, as I'll point out in the photos, but it is bloody good and I am thrilled with it, despite its imperfections.

d7x69pg.jpg

Here you can see the hallmark of the SR Props E-11... the removable magazine. You also see the RoTJ defining details (proper scope, scope rail, the front sight, both D-rings, and the U-track). Here we see the first imperfection... the small box underneath the E-11 in the rear next to the end cap was put on backwards.

kKpAmL5.jpg

Here you can see the muzzle, front sight, forward D-ring, and a clear view of the U-track. Two imperfections here... the hex screw heads aren't aligned how I wanted them and the D-ring hangs lower than it ideally should.

Z5F5nYB.jpg

Here you see the two hammers, the door catch, and the rear end cap with its D-ring.

73EotlG.jpg

Here we see the right side of the blaster. My brother in-law added the charge handle in the rear slot in order to make the blaster appear a bit more solid rather than leaving it empty and allowing people to peer inside the hollow E-11.

yNZNaBm.jpg

Here we see the ejection port and the slide within it. It's been weathered with paint to create the look of grease. That's the dirt you see.

uBTIbE4.jpg

A view of the barrel. Each of the seven U-tracks are held in place with two rivets (and glue).

wLGjcKn.jpg

Here's a good picture of the scope weathering. Since the original scopes were brass you can see where the black has been weathered down to reveal an under-color of gold. You can also see weathering on the U-tracks and the scope rail.

nRAfEjn.jpg

The E-11 resting on its stand.

Kj1YpWD.jpg

Another picture of the blaster on its stand.

The stand has a base of wood, a steel plate on top of that, and the two support rods and cradles are steel with a layer of neoprene in each cradle for the E-11 to rest on.

In order to strengthen the SR Props E-11 kit Dave added PVC tubing in both the barrel and rear body section which has the added effect of making the E-11 appear more solid. If you peek between the U-tracks on the barrel and in the holes drilled into the barrel you'll see a tube in there. I think it looks more realistic.

* The hammers come from Smitty.

* The D-rings come from Sonnenschein.

* The E-11 kit comes from SR Props.

* The forward D-ring holder and original front sight come from Blind Squirrel Props.

* The U-track comes from TK-J.

* The scope, scope rail, and door catch come from predalien64 on eBay.

* The muzzle used, The front sight used, and the rear D-ring holder were made by Dave Carver.

* The decals on the E-11 stand came with the SR Props E-11 kit as did the decal used in the scope.

* The parts of the stand were made from things sitting around Dave's house.

I am really pleased with this E-11 and Dave did a far better job on it that I could have. I'm not thrilled with the errors on the blaster but I'll live with them for now.

Dave had a devil of a time assembling this E-11. The SR Props kit isn't made to the scale of a real Sterling and this had Dave swearing a blue streak and telling me that I suck in our every conversation. I originally had a couple of parts from a real Sterling but Dave couldn't use any of them because they're too big to work with the SR Props kit. That's why Dave had to remake the front sight and modify the end cap that came with the kit instead of using the real Sterling end cap that I picked up from andy19422.

I welcome any thoughts, concerns, and/or criticisms of my E-11. I thank you for your time and for examining my blaster.

Cheers,

Shawn

Mate, for all the trouble it's been, it has come up a treat!

Glad to been of assistance :D

Indeed they did. I gathered parts from Australia (both east and west sides of the country), Austria, Canada, England (my original end cap), and the United States of America.

Finding all of the parts to create the RoTJ E-11 was quite a challenge. These parts aren't common and they aren't easy to find. A combination of research, hunting, and luck allowed me to gather everything this blaster needed. Though it may be difficult to see in the pictures, this E-11 is made of plastic, resin, and aluminum. I took any part I could find as long as it was supposed to be a part of this blaster. And that's why I've referred to my E-11 as an international Frankenstein.

My brother in-law has warned me to be careful with this blaster as it could break rather easily due to the nature of its construction. I'm inclined to agree with him.

Edited by Nassik

There are two internal rods for support. The way the SR Props E-11 is constructed requires that the barrel be attached to the main body of the blaster by means of the slide, which rests inside of both parts of the blaster. To put a single rod in there would require cutting up the internal slide in order to allow a single rod to extend the full length of the blaster. It's a weakness in the kit design.

At times it appears that the blaster isn't straight and other times it does look straight. I think it's a matter of the angle viewed from and a matter of supporting the barrel with your free hand to keep the weight of the barrel from applying too much pressure on the connection between it and the main body of the E-11.