SolderMaster's RT-MOD Build[*RT]

Well, here is where I will be posting my build.

Even though I do not have my armor yet, I couldn't wait to post my first aquisitions.

http://s980.photobucket.com/albums/ae288/S...ter/TK%20Build/

More to come.

Edit: 2-11-2010

My TKBoots arrived today! Check photobucket for pics.

post-11000-1265857710_thumb.jpg

post-11000-1265857730_thumb.jpg

post-11000-1265857744_thumb.jpg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, here is where I will be posting my build.

Even though I do not have my armor yet, I couldn't wait to post my first aquisitions.

http://s980.photobucket.com/albums/ae288/S...ter/TK%20Build/

More to come.

Tip: If you want to practice working on plastic before you try your hand on armor go buy some of the plastic signs (handicap parking, no soliciting, etc) and cut them and glue them into shapes/boxes. You'll want the scraps later anyway.

Tip: If you want to practice working on plastic before you try your hand on armor go buy some of the plastic signs (handicap parking, no soliciting, etc) and cut them and glue them into shapes/boxes. You'll want the scraps later anyway.

Great tip, Mike, thanks.

I'll do that. Need to pick up some E6000 from Wally.

I have received my neck seal from TK409. It's simply awesome.

So, I have in my possession:

ANH holster from Anrev,

Neck Seal from TK409,

Voice Amp/wireless mic from FamilyJim,

Boots from TKBoots, and YES, they are Totally Killer! Sizes 10 and 11

Undersuit from 123scuba.com Nice suit, fits great. (may need a emergency zipper mod)

Hyperfirm E-11 ANH

Snaps with setter

Wire loom for bucket pimpin

Fans and battery boxes for bucket pimpin

non-latex hand plates with rubber gloves, mechanics gloves (Rugged Wear)

Hard hat liner for bucket

4 tubes of E6000

Industrial Velcro 2" x 6' black

spring clamps, bar clamps, earth magnets

Green flat lenses

I am waiting for (purchased)

TK Handcuffs from ajax407, shipped.

RT-MOD armor from Rob. ( www.rt-mod.com ) Hopefully being formed now...ETA mid to late March.

ROM/FX

Shopping list items: (still need to get)

Elastic - JoAnn Fabrics or similar store

Snap tool/pliers

Novus Polish - ebay or store

Some type of garter for thigh armor

suspenders for chest/back armor

Black rubber paint

Tote for carrying armor

Bucket bag made from soft material

Small switches

Hard hat liner for bucket...

soft padded material for liner

Ok...what did I forget?

Waiting sucks! lol

Edited by SolderMaster

Snaps - not sure where to get these yet.

Brian go with theses and buy a couple packs in case anything goes wrong. They are easy to cut out and try again. One tip is if the material your using isnt very thick use your diaganol pliers and cut down the stud portion and reopen with some neednose plies if needed.

Setter, disk and hammer work great.

Heres a link here

For the velcro hit up lowes or home depot and buy the roll its like 10-12 bucks you can use the left over to use for ach padding found on the bay which is removable and can be positioned easily since the pads have a loop side. Recently Ive even spotted some clear industrial velcro at home depot.

Edited by darthfoster

Brian go with theses and buy a couple backs in case anything goes wrong. They are easy to cut out and try again. One tip is if the material your using isnt very thick use your diaganol pliers and cut down the stud portion and reopen with some neednose plies if needed.

Setter, disk and hammer work great.

Heres a link here

For the velcro hit up lowes or home depot and buy the roll its like 10-12 bucks you can use the left over to use for ach padding found on the bay which is removable and can be positioned easily since the pads have a loop side. Recently Ive even spotted some clear industrial velcro at home depot.

Ok, I got the Menards equivilant to those from Tandy. I bought the kit and 2 packs of extras. 18 in total.

I also picked up 4 tubes of E6000 and a pair of Rugged Wear mechanics gloves. They are black with white logo on the back of the hand. And white on the Velcro wrist. I will assume that the hand plate and forearm will cover these areas. If not, I can color it black.

Great tip darthfoster, thanks. I'm sure that will get utilized during my build. It shouldn't be long now...ROM/FX is paid for, just waiting for TK256 to get it made and shipped. Armor should be here in a month or so, so that timing should be close.

Also got my size 10 TKBoots. Still not sure what I'm gonna do with the size 11s...

Wire loom came today. Ready to pimp that bucket...when it arrives, that is..lol

I also got 2" x 5' of black industrial grade Velcro from Menards. That should be enough. $8 can't go wrong.

Edited by SolderMaster

Wow! how did I miss the RT-mod party...I guess I'm just fashionably late...

I will watch the re-runs and catch up :) Hey Vic! you still got some popcorn left??

Hey man. I thought I might give you a tip. I see you mentioned getting a garter for the thighs. What I am doing is making a loop with some 2" black elastic and glueing it with high temperature super glue(so it wont melt off), im sure the might e6000 works great too. Anyway after you attach the loops to the top of the fronts of the tighs you simply run a belt through the loops and it holds it up just great. For your consideration at least, might be cheaper too. Good luck man and have fun....dont forget the pics! :salute:

No problem Brian, sounds like menards is pretty well equipped :) Lucky you got the TK boots right off the bat. THey didnt have them when I got my armor, went with CA boots. My wife told me to store them outside :lol:

In the proccess of getting a Rom fx as well. Had a trooper com but really want something nice to complete the TK.

Good luck, with your armor building. I'll be sure to watch your build, have fun bro!!

Thanks guys!

I got a few more things today. My inner drop boxes, non-latex hand plates with accurate rubber gloves, D-ring, and 2 fans. Gonna see if I can post pics on here like many of you do...not just a link...

IMG_3101.jpg

IMG_3102.jpg

IMG_3103.jpg

See if that works.... YUP!

Ok How do you get the picks to actually show up in the thread without having to go to photobucket to view them?

Edited by SolderMaster
Added images

I received my Hyperfirm today!

One word...

AWESOME!

I'll post pics after I get them uploaded to photobucket.

Ok here is the "stock" Hyperfirm E-11 ANH...

IMG_3108.jpg

IMG_3117.jpg

Top View

IMG_3113.jpg

Back w/o D-ring

IMG_3109.jpg

Front right

IMG_3115.jpg

Front left

IMG_3111.jpg

Cylinders and counter

IMG_3116.jpg

And one of it in Anrev's ANH holster

IMG_3106.jpg

I will be modding this a bit. Barrel, front sights, scope, cooling cylinder coils, D-ring, ejection port and maybe some more weathering.

Edited by SolderMaster

OK,

I've began the modding process of the ANH HF E-11.

I started by drilling a hole into the "fill" area.

IMG_3118.jpg

IMG_3119.jpg

Then using a razor knife, I outlined where I wanted to remove the material and began "skinning".

IMG_3120.jpg

I didn't have a variable speed Dremel, mine is only one speed, super holy crap FAST, so instead of risking it, I went to the basement and used my Weller soldering iron. I turned on the iron to around 725 degrees F and began what I call melt-carving. No pics of that yet, tho...

Once I got most of the material carved out, I stopped. I need to pick up a couple small files to complete the material removal.

IMG_3124.jpg

IMG_3127.jpg

IMG_3132.jpg

IMG_3131.jpg

Edited by SolderMaster

Then I used a drill bit to drill into the end cap lug for my D-ring. I had to bend the D-ring to get it to fit. Then, bend it back to get the shape. This left some marks on the D-ring which looks kinda nice. Little used weathered look. I think I'll leave it. I may put a little clearcoat over it so it won't rust...or not. I'm pretty happy with the placement. What do you all think?

IMG_3129.jpg

IMG_3130.jpg

I'm gonna pick up some more stuff tomorrow for it. Try to find some aluminum for the scope rail. I may mod the front cap hex screw heads, remove the rubber for real ones. Gonna need a variable Dremel for that. Grab some silver paint for the ejection port and other metal finishings.

More pics coming tomorrow.

Edited by SolderMaster

Looks pretty good if you ask me. :)

Besides the D-ring and modding the front sight, what other mods do you have in mind? You mentioned adding a aluminum scope rail and painting the ejection port. Anything else?

Looks pretty good if you ask me. :)

Besides the D-ring and modding the front sight, what other mods do you have in mind? You mentioned adding a aluminum scope rail and painting the ejection port. Anything else?

Sweet, a reply! lol

Ya, I have since removed the scope and rail. If you look at the first pics of the HF, there was fill under the rail which looked kinda hokey. I also want to mod the scope with an optical lens of sorts. I'd also like to:

Bore out the "holes" on the barrel and the barrel itself

Remove the rubber hex head screws on the muzzle and replace with real ones

MAYBE bore out the bolt slide area

replace or modify the bolt...this one had an air bubble when it was formed and looks fake...I know it is...but ...you know.

MAYBE add cooling wires

Other than that...I'm up for ideas.

I'm gonna check at work for a piece of steel to use for the rail. I have a piece of aluminum here but its real flimsy and prone to bending.

I'll upload some pics in a few...

Here they are.

I used an Exacto knife to shear off the rail.

IMG_3210.jpg

Then, I began removing the scope from the rail.

IMG_3213.jpg

IMG_3215.jpg

IMG_3217.jpg

Here's a pic of the bolt before doing something with it.

IMG_3218.jpg

Once I get the rail, I'll prolly glue the scope back on once I mod it. Should be easier to mod with it off the rail.

Edited by SolderMaster

Brian, your E11 mod is coming along nicely :Laser::duim: I will have to keep a watch your build :D