Jump to content


501st Stormtrooper[TK]
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Bullseye

  • Rank


  • FISD Supporter

Standard Info

  • Name
  • 501st ID
  • 501st Unit
    Midwest Garrison

Recent Profile Visitors

591 profile views
  1. Funny thing happened on my way to the Death Star.... I started down this path over three years ago, and its been a long, weird journey. Full disclosure, ever since I was a tween, I repeatedly and annoyingly told my parents that the only thing I wanted for any type of present for my birthday/holiday/whatever was a Stormtrooper suit. I continued to do this into my adolescent adulthood with no success, and eventually I gave up on the idea. But, for some reason, when I saw the trailer for Inferno Squadron in the Battlefront II, I was taken right back to being 10. I researched everyt
  2. This should be pinned!!!! Thank you! This has been bugging me for years!
  3. I'm not the savviest trooper when it comes to image processing. I've got a number of photos that I want to use for background and profile shots, but they're too big to fit the storage/space limit for the picture. I've got a mac and a pc, so any guidance on how to shrink a profile pic to acceptable upload size would be appreciated! Thanks!
  4. TK84098 requesting clearance. ANH Stunt Midwest Garrison https://www.501st.com/members/displaymemberdetails.php?userID=33016
  5. Another tall trooper! Can you post photos of the rigging/strapping for your thighs and shoulder/biceps? For the thighs I used a velcro strapping system that allows for adjustments on the fly. Don't know what you're using to strap them in. For the arms I can't tell if you have a cross strap underneath the shoulder bell. That helps me keep my bells and biceps in line. Like you I've got long arms and legs and keeping proper spacing is very difficult. You may be able to bring up the biceps a tab. Use some painters tape first to check how it fits and looks before you s
  6. How much can I drop the thighs? I’m going drop them next time around but I’m not sure how much leeway I’ve got.
  7. Appreciate the thoughts. Lemme address each: 1. Your drop boxes need to align with the ends of the plastic belt A: I’m gluing these down On the interior of the belt so they don’t move. 2. Need to rotate your forearms so the cover strips are facing forward A: User error on that one. Hadn’t out this on in its entirety in a while. 3. You have a big gap around the knees, perhaps playing around with some strapping may help, drop your ab/cod down so your thighs could come down, bring shins up a little A: This is going to be an issue. I’m 6’3”-6’4” wi
  8. Thanks for the help everyone. My pre-approval thread and photos are up. Couldn’t have done it without y’all. Thanks!!
  9. 1. Name: David Nightingale 2. Garrison: Midwest Garrison 3. Armor/Helmet Maker: DA Props 4. Cloth Belt/Neck Seal: Steph's Imperial Outfitters 5. Boot maker: Imperial Boots 6. Blaster maker: TK11463 7. Height: 6'3" 12. Weight: 215 lbs 13. TK type: ANH Stunt 14. Names of Troopers who significantly helped with your build: Sam Meadows, Das Elkins, Clive Barzilla, Wayne Winfield, TKSpartan, gmrhodes13, Ukswrath, Kalani, Justjoseph63, TheRascalKing, and many, many others. For those I missed putting this together my apologies, I couldn't
  10. Update: Sigh. One more thing. It’s been a year since I cut these out, so I don’t remember if thats the way the plate came or if I got overzealous. But since I got this kit from the UK, and matching the abs isn’t exactly gonna be easy, I figured the best thing to do is to fix the problem. I grabbed a scrap piece of abs from one of my bicep cuts. The piece was 190mm long and flat for 28mm wise before it curved. The thickness was only 1mm, so it fit the bill. I cut it into 8mm strips that were 180ish long. Then turned them into strips to match the length and width
  11. Update: I’ve made adjustments with a heat gun to deal with the gaps created by shimming riding straight pieces of abs onto the curved kidney plate. As you can see in the photo below, the kidney plates stuck out a ways and made it difficult to close the clamshell properly. You can see the kidney shim jutting out on the left kidney and a little bit on the right. Both were fairly pronounced. (Just FYI, this photo was from last year): To fix the right side I initially tried a grove a slot mechanism to hold things in place. It was fine for the middle of the shim but the top and b
  12. Thanks Glen. I took a toothpick to the teeth to make a more definitive gap between gums and teeth. Think it’s a little better. Let me know if there needs to be more taken off. as for the bucket itself, I managed to significantly lower the brow. before: after: The angle of the photo is a little off here. The brow sits lower in person but there is a little more gap between the face plate and the bucket top than before. here’s the left: the right: the interior: My plan is to put on the seal to
  • Create New...