Petros ANH TK Build

HI mate, good timing, back into to it this weekend, been a bit time poor lately but back into it.

need to order some rivets etc ready for that part of the kit. it is hard to get them over here, Trooperbay only.

HI mate, good timing, back into to it this weekend, been a bit time poor lately but back into it.

need to order some rivets etc ready for that part of the kit. it is hard to get them over here, Trooperbay only.

Good to hear.  I'm finishing up on the ab/kidney joining.  I'm hoping all I need to do after that is little adjustments and fixings inside the helmet.

Hey Rick, do I have ti the right way around reference the curve on the kidney plate? does the curve go top or bottom as i have it?

Good to hear.  I'm finishing up on the ab/kidney joining.  I'm hoping all I need to do after that is little adjustments and fixings inside the helmet.

Kidneyplate_zpsfb2797e6.jpg

• Like 1

So while things dry it is onto the shins, Trooper Gear came thru and i now have a left and a right, well actually 2 rights and a left.

Good to go again.

I need your help, i cannot be the only one who has about 3 inches too much to remove am I??? 

And what is the best way to do this, remove the most from the larger flat side?

thank you

P1050456_zps27a6291e.jpg

P1050455_zps774ffd02.jpg

Hey Rick, do I have ti the right way around reference the curve on the kidney plate? does the curve go top or bottom as i have it?

Kidneyplate_zpsfb2797e6.jpg

That is the correct placement of the kidney and butt plate. Just think of how your back has that slight curve at the bottom :).

What I did for the shins and thighs, was cut all te excess off from the front EXCEPT for 10 mm on each side. That way, when you join the fronts, a 20 mm coverstrip covers it perfectly, therefore being screen accurate.

Get those glued, and then you can begin fitting your shins and thighs using the back.

• Like 1

As Andrew says, go with a 20mm front cover strip by taking off all the extra ABS but 10mm on each side.

p1050410.jpg

Hey everyone with the advice and assistance on the shims.  from the suggestions here is what i have, after the cutting but before gluing.

c6e57c1b-129b-4d23-8e00-62c5fffb801e_zps

23e7e83f-684b-4e36-97da-22b99428db22_zps

So it comes to trimming the back, does the method of marking the top and bottom in line with the centre of leg and the centre of the foot look right.

As Rick said, i do have two right shins and a left, but i would like to get it right first time.

thoughts please

P1050462_zps88d2329b.jpg

• Like 1

You are on the right track Peter, just make sure the fit is good, join those marks and trim away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, a few of my parts were not straight, back of thighs for example, as I wanted more of a tapper, made intentionally on an angle.

You still have the ability to do very minor trimming if need be but I think you will be fine.

• Like 1

As long as the joint is near the middle you'll be fine. Remember, screen accurate also means there are differences in suits :) just take a look at the screen references and even the EIB/Centurion submissions. Not one armor is the same, and not one armor will ever be the same as the other :)

Move along ;)

As long as the joint is near the middle you'll be fine. Remember, screen accurate also means there are differences in suits :) just take a look at the screen references and even the EIB/Centurion submissions. Not one armor is the same, and not one armor will ever be the same as the other :)

Move along ;)

Thanks Andrew, 

• Like 1

Hi well alot of pieces have magnets and glue at the moment, while they are drying the next items.

With this AM kit i have extra material on the shoulder bridge area.

Questions:

* what is the allowed gap?

* remove from front or the rear, or take from both?

b62b14d2-3cd1-47a1-8372-de80e5e6a38d_zps

2350252e-085b-4370-ae7e-21148d104f6b_zps

I would be taking off of both Peter, and by the looks of it, quite a bit.

Your shoulder bridges and elastic are what will run across the top.

Have a look at the reference shots of the actual armour from the movies and you will get the idea.

Didn't even look when I did mine, just went off the Lucas archive photos and trimmed what I thought looked about right. The AM kits are made with plenty of surplus material so they suit a wide variety of sized troopers.