Here goes another AM Kit

NEW PICS AS OF 02-15-10

I have been working on and following the post in reference to the AM Kit builds. I received my AM Kit on Christmas Eve and have been taking it slow studying all the pics and post on here. I just wanted to post a pic of some of the progress on the kit. I have completed the arms, now starting on the mid section. I would like to thank Panda for all the great information he has helped me with. "Thanks Panda for all the help!"

I have more to work on and taking my time. I will post more pics when they are ready. I would appreciate any advice you guys have as this is my first suit build. Thanks guys. ;)YvliED3.jpg

Hey Keith, Congrats on AM armor.

What version are you doing? ANH, ESB or ROTJ??

Have fun with your build, post lots of pix!!!!

The best advise is the most commonly issued advise - Study the build threads & other credible references, take your time, measure twice/cut once, tape & test-fit before gluing, etc.

All tried and true. ;)

No problem, always glad to help. :)

Looks good so far! Make sure to post some bigger pics (host them on Photobucket or something) so that we can see the progress and provide feedback along the way.

All these AM builds makes me want to get one!

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to post some more pics showing my progress with the kit. I have worked on the chest plate, however I do have a question maybe you guys can help me with. Before I put the cover straps on the top, look at how long they are.

My questions are,

1) Are the cover straps supposed to be that long?

2) Should I cut them to size or center them?

I plan on using Velcro to attach them to the plate. I would appreciate any input you guys can give on the build.

Here are some more pics.

QXAJQlC.jpg

8Eez14S.jpg

XU00GfU.jpg

MLzetxn.jpg

Thanks again,

Keith.........

Personally I wouldn't trim the shoulder straps. If you do, you'll lose the flattened ends that are accurate to ANH/ESB troopers. Better just to center them IMO.

If you really want shorter straps, instead of trimming your current straps you may be able to order replacement parts from TM, AP, or RT-Mod. I'm sure the straps are longer because the AM kit was molded with larger troopers in mind, the logic being smaller troopers can trim if needed.

On 2/16/2010 at 11:07 PM, tkrestonva said:

Personally I wouldn't trim the shoulder straps. If you do, you'll lose the flattened ends that are accurate to ANH/ESB troopers. Better just to center them IMO.

If you really want shorter straps, instead of trimming your current straps you may be able to order replacement parts from TM, AP, or RT-Mod. I'm sure the straps are longer because the AM kit was molded with larger troopers in mind, the logic being smaller troopers can trim if needed.

Here are some photos of where the straps will be after centering them to where it would work. They are not glued, only held in place by the clamps so to get an idea. My concern is where they hang off on the front. What do you think?

oQLERUJ.jpg

G0iA1I1.jpg

WLm8rV1.jpg

Seems fine, although if you can bring them forward just a tad more I think it might look even better. Perhaps you can temporarily attach them with velcro and do a test-fit before permanently gluing the fronts (leaving the backs to free-float is suggested as it is more accurate).