UPS is better than Santa!

Hey, guys.

I got off work early today to be at home when the joyous event occured. No more than 45 minutes after I got home, Big Brown delivered my brand-new shiny white suit of AM armour.

The box was packed extremely well (I gave it the obligatory shake and there was only the tiniest movement inside) and the pieces inside individually wrapped. In all, I cannot express how pleased I've been with AM's customer service. Tupperware rocks!

The work you guys have showed through WIP's, tutorials and show-and-tell threads has prepared me well; the kit doesn't look forbidding. Involved? Yes. Tricky in places? Definitely. Time-consuming? Yup. Do-able? Oh, yes indeedy.

For the record, I went ahead and got the full kit. It's going to be a slow process; I'm using the suit as a motivator to get back into shape, and have a little way to go. I want to take my time with this anyway.

The helmet's gonna get done first. Having the FX bucket to build will allow me to get some helmet-building practice in over the next couple of weeks as well as giving me a second lid...I can use it at events for kids to wear in photo ops, keep as backup if something happens to my regular lid, etc. I know there are options out there for EIB-approved buckets, but I'm gonna wait to see what AM does with their new helmet.

One thing I've done to is to combine the base stormtrooper CRL with the EIB (ANH Stunt) requirements. I cut and pasted the EIB requirements into a copy of the CRL, and made all the CRL "Should Have" items "required" in my version. So, as I build this armour, it'll be EIB from the get-go.

Tonight's agenda:

1) Buy digital camera (I'll have it sorted out by Sunday...maybe post some pics?)

2) Read instruction manual

3) Stare at my new armour

4) Finish sewing my Tusken robe (started while waiting for armour to arrive. Am I gonna get addicted to this costuming thing?)

5) Watch Dave's Garage again

Target date: June 21.

Enough talk. I've got a stormtrooper to build!

Regards,

Rob

Congrats Rob!

The force must have been strong with UPS driver today!!!

Have fun with your build. Take lots of pics. so we can ooh and aah over it.

Little words of advice. Have all the tools you are going to need and glue. Read the instructions more than once. Measure 4 times and cut once. Have yourself a check list to go by and a clear clean space to work in.

Can wait to see your build, man!