Which armor will fit?

Hi there Troopers!

I am in the market for some new armor. I would like a kit to build, not a set already assembled. I am 5'10" and 215lbs. I read that the AP might not fit right according to www.tk1336.com I'm a little too heavy for this armor...maybe? Besides FX, What other "brands" are available in kit form?

I am not in the 501st, yet, but I really can't wait to start.

I have been in contact with Trent, leader of the WI Squad, Midwest Garrison. He told me to come here for advice and suggestions.

Looking forward from hearing from all you white Knights! :D

Thanks Catbread!

I just emailed tupperwaretk and already got a responce from him!

Like a kid in a candy store!

Little update...

I have decided to go RT-MOD. It should be more comfortable on my frame.

I have read for hours on this site and on the MWG forum... I would like some opinions on aquiring an E-11 for trooping.

Should I buy a Hasbro and resin kit, find a MR blaster, or other option...PVC build?

I have read that resin kits tend to be brittle or delicate. Haven't seen or read if the Master Replica E-11 is trooping approved.

I have emailed Sci-Fire.com asking if they still provide theirs as I have read that they are really nice. I didn't see a register option on their site so I just did a "contact us".

Looking forward to seeing your thoughts!

Thanks TKs!

The Hasbro and resin kits are durable, I've dropped mine and it hasn't chipped or broken. (only dropped from about 3 or 4 feet onto hardwood floor dunno about concrete... :S )

the PURE resin kits, where the entirety of the blaster is resin I might be a little more worried about.

The MR blasters I hear are pretty heavy but look damn good.

PVC Builds are always great looking and are pretty durable.

Sci-Fire is still making blasters, they occasionally have a FS thread here but I'm pretty sure you can order directly from them. They're made of a super strong firm rubber and are great for trooping. Not sure on cost though.

Hope that helps.

Awesome, Catbread!

That's exactly the kind of help I was looking for! Thanks a bunch.

Any other thoughts? From other TKs, I mean?

I was just watching Dave's Garage...great stuff. Looks like if I order my armor this week, I should receive it in March. I should be able to recite Dave's Garage verbatim by then...lol Thanks Dave!

Starting to make my shopping list...E6000, White industrial velcro, small wooden dowels..etc Man I can't wait! Once I receive my armor, I'll post pics and progress on the appropriate thread. Man, this is gonna be FUN!

General consensus is that Hyperfirms (made by Sci-fire) are the best all-around trooping blasters, due to their accuracy and near-indestructiblity.

MRs are nice but are expensive and can get pretty heavy after a while. Better as a display piece IMO.

Hasbo is the inexpensive, "my first E-11" kind of route. Acceptable for 501st membership, but most troopers I know eventually get the itch to upgrade.

There is a FISD Poll that shows which E-11 Blasters that are preferred:

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

OK I am torn on which armor to get.

AP or RT-MOD.

I think I may fit into AP but to be sure, here's a couple pics...

I have a little belly, but nothing else seems to be too big...IMHO....ok that didn't sound right...lmao

post-11000-1265154859_thumb.jpg

post-11000-1265154867_thumb.jpg

I'm 6'0" and for awhile was at 190lbs and TE2 fit me fine. In fact, I had to *trim* the ab & kidney to make it work. The largest person to make TE work was CMANavy (not active much) was 6'4" 235lbs IIRC and shimmed TE enough to fit him and it looked good too. I've also seen FX on someone very small (e.g. 5'4" and barely over 110lbs).

IMHO there are guidelines that we put out, but in the end any armor can pretty much be made to fit anyone. Unless you are lucky enough to fit something out of the box with no shim/trim (like I was with the old FX), you're going to work the kit regardless.

I'll agree that RT is a good "big boy" armor though, but it's not like it's the only option.

I will be going with RT.

I have ordered my holster from Anrev and my boots from TkBoots.

In a few days I will be ordering armor from Rob, Hyperfirm from Lewis, ROM/FX from John, bits and pieces from here and there.

TK build thread from soldermaster coming soon!

How exciting!