ANH Luke and Han shoulder bells

I was watching a few ANH clips, and in the "let's go in the control room disguised as troopers" scene - I noticed that both Luke and Han have tighter fitting shoulder bells. They aren't just covering the biceps, they're quite tight, almost to the point of wrapping around the underside.

I know there's the black elastic to keep the bell in place, but in the original movie did they heat up the bell and wrap it more tightly for a better fit? I notice this more on the Heroes than the Stunt TK's.

Does anyone know if they heated the bells up and bent them to shape, or how / why was this done?

Just curious, and I may consider this - just because. :)

No the plastic used on the original armour was made with a high rubber content thus making it very flexible. Hence we see Han solo sit easily with his feet up. I think the hero suits were fitted better to the hero actors for better movement feel and looks for the close up.

Several times you see the bicep piece actually going over the shoulder bell..they really were that tight, something unheard of in modern replica armour.

The Hero bodysuits were fitted far better to the two main actors, hence Lukes short breastplate etc... I dont think any armour producer has really ever nailed the hero shoulder/bicep dimensions/relationship.

Several times you see the bicep piece actually going over the shoulder bell..they really were that tight, something unheard of in modern replica armour.

This happens to me all the time Rob. My biceps are more likely to go over the shoulder bell rather than under...

This happens to me all the time Rob. My biceps are more likely to go over the shoulder bell rather than under...

Aren't you a little tall to be a Stormtrooper :D:D:D