The Force Among Us (Fan made documentary for SW fans)

RogueTrooper

I bought this DVD a few years ago. I thought it was a very well balanced documentary. It has the 501st and all different SW fans (also one hot female scientists in front of a fire place) telling about how Star Wars impacted their lives! It also shows the Hoth tour and the Tunisia tour (Filming sites tours)

I thought since it shows Finse, Norway "Hoth" in great detail and this is the 30th anniversary of ESB you all would like to see it.

synopsis:

The Force Among Us was a documentary film released on May 25, 2007—the 30th anniversary of Star Wars. It is designed as a tribute to the Star Wars fan community.

The original idea for the documentary, created by the brother-sister duo of Cristian and Cortney Macht, was for it to be a ten-minute long fan film named Confessions of a Star Wars Fan. The idea grew into a feature length made-for-DVD documentary.

Cristian and Cortney Macht, along with a team of film makers, traveled the world in the shooting of The Force Among Us. Some of their most interesting travels include Finse, Norway and visiting the remains of the Lars Homestead set in Tunisia. They also interviewed many different kinds of fans, from the casual movie watcher to the die-hard collector and 501st Legion member. Their interviews include that of Star Wars Fan Club President Dustin Roberts, former fan club president Dan Madsen and the podcasting duo of Arnie and Marjorie Carvalho, hosts of Star Wars Action News.

Cristian and Cortney Macht have attended several Star Wars related events, including Celebration 4 and Celebration Europe, to promote the film.

Trailer pt I

Tailer pt II

1214462918_8e1502e432.jpg

There were only 1977 copies made. If you have not seen this DVD you should buy ya one, it is worth it!

I bought this DVD a few years ago. I thought it was a very well balanced documentary. It has the 501st and all different SW fans (also one hot female scientists in front of a fire place) telling about how Star Wars impacted their lives! It also shows the Hoth tour and the Tunisia tour (Filming sites tours)

I thought since it shows Finse, Norway "Hoth" in great detail and this is the 30th anniversary of ESB you all would like to see it.

synopsis:

The Force Among Us was a documentary film released on May 25, 2007—the 30th anniversary of Star Wars. It is designed as a tribute to the Star Wars fan community.

The original idea for the documentary, created by the brother-sister duo of Cristian and Cortney Macht, was for it to be a ten-minute long fan film named Confessions of a Star Wars Fan. The idea grew into a feature length made-for-DVD documentary.

Cristian and Cortney Macht, along with a team of film makers, traveled the world in the shooting of The Force Among Us. Some of their most interesting travels include Finse, Norway and visiting the remains of the Lars Homestead set in Tunisia. They also interviewed many different kinds of fans, from the casual movie watcher to the die-hard collector and 501st Legion member. Their interviews include that of Star Wars Fan Club President Dustin Roberts, former fan club president Dan Madsen and the podcasting duo of Arnie and Marjorie Carvalho, hosts of Star Wars Action News.

Cristian and Cortney Macht have attended several Star Wars related events, including Celebration 4 and Celebration Europe, to promote the film.

So, this guys who made this movie have "Macht" as their last name? LOL!!!! "Macht" is the german translation of "Force"

K.

So, this guys who made this movie have "Macht" as their last name? LOL!!!! "Macht" is the german translation of "Force"

K.

I just used Babel Fish ( language translation tools ) German to english "Macht" means "power" go figure? :blink:

I went back and found the Google's Translation software tool.

German to English translation of "Macht" I got ten nouns:

power

might

potency

strength

force

muscle

control

sway

grasp

mightiness

I went back and found the Google's Translation software tool.

German to English translation of "Macht" I got ten nouns:

power

might

potency

strength

force

muscle

control

sway

grasp

mightiness

See? there are many nouns for force etc... "Macht" was the word they used in the movies, though the literal (sp?) translation would have been "Kraft"

K

Any idea on how one would acquire a copy? Or do I just need to watch eBay, craigslist, etc.

Here you go Brian... the oniginal price was 19.77 +S&H now $10.10+S&H

They are working on a sequel, they will probably be filming at at Celebration V :D

http://theforceamongus.com/cart/index.php?...1ed02af6c5ca74c

See? there are many nouns for force etc... "Macht" was the word they used in the movies, though the literal (sp?) translation would have been "Kraft"

K

Google's Translation software tool: Kraft

noun

strength

power

force

faculty

energy

vigor

vigour [brit.]

might

heft

fortitude

impetus

agency

dint

employee

help

worker

preposition

by use of

by virtue of

by dint of

sehr kühlen :) Dank,

Tom

When The Force Among Us came out, they were selling little bags of sand from the Tunisia film site tour (tatooine sand) for a buck. I went ahead and bought a baggie of Tatooine....not sure if it is real or not, but it was a buck....So if there is someone selling some Dagobah porperty (swamp land) I guess I will look into it..LOL!!!

There's an online store here on the website. Looks interesting, I might have to get it too!

<a href="http://theforceamongus.com/cart/index.php?...f7535d88f36c018" target="_blank">http://theforceamongus.com/cart/index.php?...f7535d88f36c018</a>

"Power" can be translated to different words in both german and norwegian (which I speak).

"Kraft" is that kind of power a magnet has, physical power.

"Makt" (or macht) is that kind of power f.x. a president has, it's not physical, but a result of his/hers position in society.

"Force" translates to "kraft" in the norwegian subtitles in SW. :)

I would be willing to lend my copy out, then have it passed along to those here that want to watch it....maybe I send it, you get it, have it for a week pass it along...when you get add a piece of swag as a "lending" fee to the package, maybe a card, patch, etc, then when everyone that wants to watch it has had it it could come back to me with with acquired "fees".......anyone up for it???