Visual Reference Guide

I don't know if someone has already done it, if so my bad. But I was wondering of someone has posted any pics on here of how each part is to fit on the person once it is completed. As far as how much gap is allowed on the arm in reference to the biceps, legs and calf parts. ect... I am working on my first kit and not really knowing what I'm doing and willing to learn. I would like to see what the individual parts are supposed to look like once completed. I am working on a AM kit, my first and started on the biceps and have no clue of how much room to allow or were to cut to make these things fit. If someone could help, I would greatly thankful. :)

Thanks in advance.

Keith..........

Hi Keith all I can say is it all depends on the size of the person. There is no one size fits all when it comes to armour.

As a rule shorter troopers armour will have less gaps and taller troopers will have bigger gaps. In which case on the taller trooper I would try to space out the gaps so that there is equal space in between the armour parts.

The parts themselves should be trimmed if needed to fit comfortably and as a rule I would start by fitting the body first, then the arms starting at the top. And then the legs. Make sure you test fit plenty of times first before trimming. Remember measure twice and cut once.

If you are unsure, make small cuts and trim more off , S once it's gone it's gone.

Yes, we're working on it. We have most of an Academy site done but are working on the reference/tutorial pieces now.

All the appropriate pages are stubbed and the rest of the site is finished, but it's slow going on the ref/tuts areas. Perhaps it would be best if we published the site as it is now and let the entire forum contribute, rather than the staff trying to slug it out alone?

Yes, we're working on it. We have most of an Academy site done but are working on the reference/tutorial pieces now.

All the appropriate pages are stubbed and the rest of the site is finished, but it's slow going on the ref/tuts areas. Perhaps it would be best if we published the site as it is now and let the entire forum contribute, rather than the staff trying to slug it out alone?

That's why we're here, to get our "geek on"! I'm sure most would love to lend a hand.

Thank you so much guys, It would be a great help. This being my first set of TK armor. I just need some reference pics to see the tolerances between the armor and the persons wearing it. Like how much room is left between their arm and the bicep armor parts. I don't want to cut too much off, but on the other hand I don't want it to be way big and goofy looking as well. I'm just trying to play it safe with my new set of armor, and get an idea from you guys what the parts look like one part at a time rather than a complete suit. This would help me gauge how much to cut mine in reference to arms and such.

Thanks in advance,

Keith........ :)