What are FISD Membership Requirements

JohnQPS122

At the MEPD, they have a pretty clear-cut list of things one must do to their armor that are above and beyond the 501st requirements for a sandtrooper - IF you want to become a "deployed" member of the MEPD.

I'm trying to figure out the equivalent of that here. I see the EIB requirements are "not required for members of this detachment."

Are the CRL requirements the things one must do to be a member of the FISD - above and beyond becoming a 501st stormtrooper - or is there specifically no such thing?

I see a list of "Expert Infantrymen" but not a list of other FISD members (besides forum members).

Hey John, the EIB is what you seek.

You do not need it to simply be a member of this forum.

The way it goes is:

1. Member (anyone)

2. 501st Member (anyone with 501st clearance of any costume)

3. Stormtrooper (501st cleared stormtrooper costume)

4. Stormtrooper EIB (EIB cleared 501st stormtrooper)

Actually the requirements for MEPD & FISD are the same at every level. Areas 1-3 of Manny's post are spelled out in the charter and pretty consistent among every detachment in the 501st.

#4 so far only applies to MEPD, FISD, and BSN, and are consistent across the three dets.

Actually you're a member of the MEPD detachment even without being deployed. I suspect the confusion is that pretty much every sandtrooper in MEPD is deployed, and that something like 1/3rd of all 501st sandtroopers are deployed, may make one think that they have to be deployed to be a detachment member, but this is not the case.

Here is the language from the charter:

Formal membership, voting rights, and eligibility for office in a detachment requires that a Legion member be active, own a qualifying costume as represented by the detachment, and have the corresponding costume designation in his/her profile. The approval of said costume is, however, still the purview of their local GML. Ownership of a qualifying costume is verified annually as part of the Legion census. Membership in a detachment is optional, and you can be a member of more than one detachment. Membership is initiated by the Legion member when the above criteria is met and they register on the detachment's forum. Active status is maintained by logging onto said forum once a year. Failing this, the member becomes an inactive member of the detachment. All that is required to be reactivated is to once again log in.

Okay, so basically any 501st approved clean Stormtrooper can consider themselves a member of the FISD detachment once registered here. Got it.

I'm researching for my friend, a 501st stormtrooper who just doesn't have as much free time to poke around on the internet as I do.

Thanks for the info!