Return of the Jedi Background Studio Helmet

Hey all

Here's some pictures of my original ROTJ background studio helmet used in the Death Star scenes of Jedi, this came directly from the set in '82 and was with the same owner until I acquired it about 3 months ago.

Interesting point to note is that the frown has squared ends, there is a mixture of rounded and square ended frowns in the helmets used in Jedi. The mic tips are recast from ANH/ESB tips and so are about as sharp as the replica tips cast from Matt G's ANH helmets and differ from the 'location' helmet mic tips which are larger. It is also a lot bigger than my ANH TE helmet, the lenses are useless and you can barely see through them :lol:

Here is a pic of mine pre-restoration :( , mine is on the left, JB's in the middle and David O's on the right (Note all three of these helmets share the same 'tell' on the interior):

helmetcompare2ex8.jpg

A pic when I first received it:

1001380wu4.jpg

I have now removed the replica ear and the silicone between the ears and face and cap/back piece. Pics to follow.

Enjoy

Joe

Nice!!

Great piece Joe.

Anymore pics? I wouldn't mind some close ups of the mic tips.

They look simular scale etc to mine.

Did the previous owner use silicone on the ears?

Hey Ian

The previous owner had the helmet restored and added the silicone, now this is gone it looks a lot better, much more like it should do. They buffed the helmet to restore the shine, it has now since yellowed again. I personally would never have touched it but each to their own, I am just chuffed to be able to own an original, it was a lifelong dream, I expected it to take me at least until I was 50 not 28! LOL

Here are a couple of pics pre-restoration of the mic tips:

comlinkdw0.jpg

comlinksidegd9.jpg

Joe

• 8 months later...