Stormtrooper HERO lenses?

Hello!

Im planning of building a Hero helmet and i have some green bubble lenses at home. In my last convention one guy told me that the Hero helmet have smoked grey bubbel lenses?

So whats the deal.. Green or Grey?

Where do one buy quality bubble lenses that are not homemade and has a bad/blurry sight?

I want for screen accurate helmet and hopfully they wont be c through :)

Cheers and thanks for help :)

brgds Andreas

Why not go with the green bubble lenses you already have? Bubble lenses, by their very nature, are difficult to see out of. You pretty much have to be looking dead-center in order to see clearly, everything else will be distorted due to the lens curvature and how it bends the light coming in. The more bubbled the lens, the more severe the distortion will be.

Like Nathan said, green is the more accurate option although either green or gray is currently acceptable for EIB.

And some bubbles seem worse than others. The ones I got with my FX were pretty worthless. Mike A. made a set for me when he did my TE2 hero and I can actually see decently out of them - not as great as flat but easily enough to troop in.

I have no problem at trooping with my TM hero helmet.

There are also bubble lenses in it.

I would say go with green ones.

For more info ,read this thread.

There was discussion which lenses will be correct for EIB.( Also many pics)

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

According to me (and to these pictures) it's green.

------

Form Jez website: manufactured with the same "double-bubble" lenses as the TIE Helmets, i.e. a single lens material with the two eye “bubbles” vac-formed from a proprietary material

What I believe according to this picture.

----------

The question is: What is the original material they have used? Acrylic? It's hard to believe. The material looks thin on the TIE pilot helmet. I have never been able to find green acrylic under a thickness of 3mm, which is damn thick to be vacuum formed (since you can't heat the acrylic so easily as styren)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

I have a set of black / grey bubble lenses that I got off ebay. Horrendously overpriced but no one in our community was making bubble lenses at the time in black (personal choice), only in green.

The ones off ebay are rather thick (3mm?), and almost impossible to see through. They say the area where you see through is flatter for less distortion, but that's really not the case. My plan is to use flat lenses for trooping and bubble lenses for photos, etc.. I find they are really hard to see through and the distortion can give me headaches.

I forget how the stroy went in regards to the green Vs gray lens, but it came about in a interview woth hamill stating that the lens in the movie were one color and the helmet that recived as a gift had a different color...... the story/thread about color lens for hero is in one of the threads in here some were........

thats way i went with grey bubbeld...... i thing the general concencus was that the grey was used ( at lesat i dont think we had found the green bubbled pic for reference yet.....

Or at least there wasnt any evidence that they were screen used and not in the promotional pics of suits that were used later..... this is 3-4 yrs ago i really dont remember 100%.

chime in any one that really knows???