First set of armor questions

I'm looking at getting my first set of armor, and have some standard noob questions. I've used the wonderful search feature for many hours and think that i want either TM's or AP's armor. I'm 5'8" and only 120lbs. I'm 18 so I'd like something sturdy that can hold up for several years (and if i can be rougher with it, and wear it to college parties... would be great)

This has lead me toward choosing AP, but the blueish-white annoys me. can anyone talk about AP armor? i've seen lots of stuff for TM on these forums but not a lot of AP.

Welcome. How about an introduction over in the New Member Introductions section?

It sounds like you've done your homework. For your build and handling/usage needs, AP and TM are ideal choices. :duim:

I've seen recent runs of AP that leads me to believe that the bluish-white problem was limited to a particular batch of plastic, and that the newer runs don't have this problem.

Hello Brain you beat me to it,

Like Brian stated, the AP suits are not bluish anymore but gloss pure white ABS plastic, this only happened a few years ago with a small batch of plastic which had a blue hue to it, what happened is AP was stuck getting the plastic from a different supplier because the original supplier went bankrupt and was stuck finishing some orders with plastic from a new supplier which had a blue hue to it,

Either armor is a good choice, the main difference being that TM is a very nice fan sculpt ANH replica,

and AP armor/helmet originates from a real screen used movie armor and helmet. Not sure if TM uses ABS but AP are made of .80 gauge ABS so it's very durable for trooping.

Mark

I just received a set of AP in the mail yesterday and it's a nice semi-shiny white. The Novus should bring that to really shiny. I'll be unboxing all of it over the weekend for the full inspection. I think he also has kits in stock right now because he did a huge production for Halloween. My set took just a little over a week to arrive from time of payment.

I'm about your size and have a set of AP. I agree with all that been said so far. It's a good set. I got mine just over two years ago and it 's pure white ABS plastic. So I think the blue tint is a thing of the past. It's a fairly sturdy set and with all the tutorials here it is fairly easy to put together.

Tastes Great!

Less Filling!

Yea. Trooper armor opinions vary. It really boils down to how good of a model builder you are. I thrashed a TE2 set cause I got impatient. I am dragging my feet on a TM set so I don't mess it up. Built 2 sets of FX in less time than my TM helmet.

Really budget, skill and patience is the key to a great trooper. AP is a nice set, some day I want to but one together.

Dig up Stukatroopers old build. TOP Notch. He explains the ups and downs of the AP. Take a look at his TM build as well.

Welcome to trooping. Remember, Its your suit. What ever you buy, FX, AP, TM, TE2, TE derived... Just make it yours and troop the hell out of it. Make kids smile. :)