DEDEDEJr's First FX Build (WARNING: Many Pics!)[*FX]

I apologize if I am posting in the wrong section.

So I finally got my MRCE bucket today (thanks Obeivon) and decided it was time to take some pictures of my WIP FX Armor!

I am not going for EIB or anything like that. To be honest, all I'm looking for is to meet the bare requirements to make it into the 501st :P After that I can start worrying about sprucing up my armor to the fullest.

I apologize in advance, but I'm pretty sure most of these are sideways, lol.

dscf4600.jpg

dscf4592t.jpg

dscf4598.jpg

dscf4604t.jpg

dscf4609.jpg

dscf4611lb.jpg

dscf4607u.jpg

dscf4615s.jpg

dscf4602.jpg

dscf4622.jpgdscf4620.jpg

dscf4618m.jpg

I am, for better or worse, very skinny, so some of the armor may seem awkward on me.

So there it is! I'm just trying to make the 501st at this point. Please tell me I am on the right track! :D

:duim:

Good job Andrew, looking good so far. What else are you working on/planning on doing? I'm a skinny trooper too. I did some trimming to the chest and back pieces. I'm shorter than most too so I took about an inch and a half off the back.

Do you still need boots?

:duim:

Good job Andrew, looking good so far. What else are you working on/planning on doing? I'm a skinny trooper too. I did some trimming to the chest and back pieces. I'm shorter than most too so I took about an inch and a half off the back.

Do you still need boots?

From an armor perspective, I am trying to limit the amount of trimming I have to do. That being said, I may be trimming the chest piece a bit somewhere down the line, and just use foam to help secure bigger pieces like the shins and arms.

Yes, I still need boots, but I'm trying to find the cheapest ones possible :P

Other than that, I'm looking for a good E-11 that I don't have to assemble, and a holster. From there on, who knows what the galaxy holds!

Hi Andrew, looking good so far! Only a few suggestions (might just be the lighting)

- I can't quite make out the neck seal, do you have a proper one (ribbed, etc.?)

- I can't make out the AB button colors, are they all black? Are you going for the ANH look? There's a great guide here by Billhag

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=8117

- on your shins, have the back velcro face "inwards" so that if someone is looking at the outer side of your shin, they can't see the velcro. I can see it! :) Try and use white velcro too if you can.

- you might want to glue the biceps together (looks like each half is held with Velcro?) you don't need to be able to take them apart

- you might want to add some elastic loops at the base of the shoulder bells, and have them wrap around the biceps. This way, the bells won't swing around (and it's screen accurate)

- I'd take Daniels advice too, and trim the chest plate (at the neck and or at the rib cage). FX kits always look long to me. Also, I'd trim the sides of the chest and back, where the gap between them is under your armpits. The gap angle of each piece looks a bit off.

- I can't see your boots, but Caboots or TKboots.com will do the trick. They will only run you about $50-$65.

- your thermal detonator (TD) doesn't need the silver tape, if you want to be more screen accurate :)

- you'll need a holster and a proper E-11 blaster of course!

Overall, great start and you're on your way. Great to see another Canadian TK!

I'm using a turtleneck for now, just looking for a good place to buy neckseals from.

I see many TKs in the 501st with back AB buttons, so I'm using them for now. Again, I must stress I am looking for the minimal requirements, THEN screen accuracy after I am in the 501st.

About the shins and the arms, I am actually going to be gluing them today, I think it will look much nicer than velcro :)

Boots are being ordered as we speak, but still looking for a good place to get an E-11 and Holster.

Thanks for the advice, fellow Canuck!

Hi Andrew, looking good so far! Only a few suggestions (might just be the lighting)

- I can't quite make out the neck seal, do you have a proper one (ribbed, etc.?)

- I can't make out the AB button colors, are they all black? Are you going for the ANH look? There's a great guide here by Billhag

<a href="http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=8117" target="_blank">http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=8117</a>

- on your shins, have the back velcro face "inwards" so that if someone is looking at the outer side of your shin, they can't see the velcro. I can see it! :) Try and use white velcro too if you can.

- you might want to glue the biceps together (looks like each half is held with Velcro?) you don't need to be able to take them apart

- you might want to add some elastic loops at the base of the shoulder bells, and have them wrap around the biceps. This way, the bells won't swing around (and it's screen accurate)

- I'd take Daniels advice too, and trim the chest plate (at the neck and or at the rib cage). FX kits always look long to me. Also, I'd trim the sides of the chest and back, where the gap between them is under your armpits. The gap angle of each piece looks a bit off.

- I can't see your boots, but Caboots or TKboots.com will do the trick. They will only run you about $50-$65.

- your thermal detonator (TD) doesn't need the silver tape, if you want to be more screen accurate :)

- you'll need a holster and a proper E-11 blaster of course!

Overall, great start and you're on your way. Great to see another Canadian TK!

When you say gluing the shins, you just mean the fronts, right? If you glue the front and backs, it’s likely that you won’t be able to get your foot through the opening.

Most people either:

- Glue the front, have an overlap at the back, with the gaps facing inwards, and using Velcro along the length of the back of the shin

- Glue the front, leave the back butt seamed with ANH strips and the “tension” keeping them somewhat closed (screen accurate in ANH)

- Glue the front, leave the back butt seamed with ANH strips and Velcro under the ANH strip keeping them closed

- Glue the front, leave the back butt seamed with ANH strips and or overlapped and use Velcro at the top / back of the knee area to keep the tops closed