noob question

sorry for asking this but i'm a tad confused. I'm new to Stormie costuming but not to the 501st .

i'v recently got a set of FX armour , now i know the helmet isn't great . But would i get clearance as a generic Stormie if i use one in leu of a better one when it's available in my price range

FX helmet is perfectly acceptable for 501st clearance.

It isn't for FISD clearance though. But that is optional.

ah ha ,right , what i was planning so i can troop(as a TK, already troopas IC and soon TI) is to put together the FX kit then look to do a movie specific Stormie , firstly replacing the helmet .

Thanks for clearing this up

DEDEDEJr said:
Wait a second, now I'm confused...it's possible to be in the 501st and not in the FISD?

Oh yeah, totally possible and, in fact, done by most people.

The FISD is made up of those who have gone above and beyond in their costume. They have met stringent standards (such as no FX helmets, etc., etc.) in their armor and are considered "elite" and are given the title of "Expert Infantrymen."

So yeah... getting into the 501st is a lot of work, but getting into the FISD is even more work! :D

While I have TK armor it's just FX with a heavily modded MR CE bucket... so I'm not in the FISD... I am, however, in the MEPD... which is the "elite" for sandtroopers.

Good luck on all of it!! B)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

If you really want to educate yourself on the different types of helmets out there, visit Star Wars Helmets site. Make sure to check out the "Licensed" and "Fan made" sections.

thats a great web site!