back/lower back armor

My FX back armor overlaps my lower back by a couple of inches and I've noticed this in other peoples' armor as well. But in ANH it looks like they're stacked with a visible gap between the two. What is the "proper" way to do this? Does having that gap give you a bit more flexibility? I suppose I could trim down my lower back if need be.

Thanks,

Brandon

FX armor is known for being a little larger. It is acceptable to have an overlap, so I wouldn't worry about it. Just make sure it fits you as best you can, and make sure it's comfortable.

FX armor is larger than accurate sized armor. You could trim the lower back if you really want, but it's really not necessary. It will not offer you any more flexibility as your back will not bend backwards.

Ttrimming it to have a gap may mean that your back armor might get caught in the lower back plate armor when you move around. I would just leave it.

Yea, the FX kit is not 100% 'screen accurate' however it is a popular option to troop in. Good Luck with your build, and keep us updated with some pics so you can get outside opinions on your build. Good Luck!!!