My guilty stormtrooper obsession

bluehickey

Maybe it's because I've only recently completed my armor, but I could seriously look at pictures of myself in my armor all day long! Maybe it's because doing so enables me to revel in the fact that I've finally completed my dream of owning and wearing white armor. Or it might be because I like seeing how my armor looks from several angles, or how it must look for other people to see me in armor. I've been to a handful of events in my armor lately, and I'm getting quite impatient for the photographers to post the pictures up on our garrisons website. I need more pics of me in armor to look at!

Anyone else this crazy/self-absorbed as well?

That sounds like me. In armor I feel like a life-sized action figure. I could stand in front of a full-length mirror and put myself in different poses all day long. ^_^

Lol and its a feeling that will never leave!!!!!! I still have pre and post troop "stand in front of the mirror secions" and i cant go past a surface that has a reflection with out checking my self out!!!! * Strike a pose!!!

It's like the hypno-toad in Futurama. The reflection just sucks you in.

I can't help it-- I've been obsessed with Stormtroopers since I was 5 years old, and it's still completely mind-blowing to me that it's even possible to look like one.

Half of me is transfixed by what a monumental nerd I am, and the other half thinks it's the coolest thing ever.

I've never shaken that weird combination of "Oh my GAWD, I look sweet!" and "What the hell is wrong with me"? :D

Definitely one of the more unique feelings in life, that's for sure.

Half of me is transfixed by what a monumental nerd I am, and the other half thinks it's the coolest thing ever.

I've never shaken that weird combination of "Oh my GAWD, I look sweet!" and "What the hell is wrong with me"? :D

YES!!! My feelings exactly! For years before I finally decided to get my armor, it was the voice in my head that said how geeky this hobby was that kept me from doing it. That voice is still in my head, but I'm having too much fun to pay it much heed any more. I never get offended when a neighbor sees me in armor and starts snickering, because I totally understand what they are thinking. But I'm so glad I finally decided to listen to the other voice in my head that is obsessed and just had to try this hobby out because being a giant, walking and talking action figure is so cool!

YES!!! My feelings exactly! For years before I finally decided to get my armor, it was the voice in my head that said how geeky this hobby was that kept me from doing it. That voice is still in my head, but I'm having too much fun to pay it much heed any more. I never get offended when a neighbor sees me in armor and starts snickering, because I totally understand what they are thinking. But I'm so glad I finally decided to listen to the other voice in my head that is obsessed and just had to try this hobby out because being a giant, walking and talking action figure is so cool!

Totally agree. Equal parts shame, hilarity, and unbridled little kid joy.

Whenever I tell somebody I have stormtrooper armor, the reaction is always the same:

"No way! That's awesome!.... and good lord, you're a dork!"

Right now, I'm just super happy my girlfriend seems to be reasonably okay with it. In fact, this year, she's going out as Princess Leia with me for Halloween. Of course, she makes fun of me non-stop, but she's also pretty excited about it. Has even offered to help me put it together. "It'll be bad-a$$", as she puts it. Can't argue with her there. :)

Ha, I am also on board with how seeing myself in armor makes me feel, but I seem to have taken it a bit further.

I can't stop making my friends wear my suit and gallivanting around my house or even downtown if I trust them.

I have a huge collection of pictures of other people in my suit.

hahaha i feel the same exact way. ive finally got to the point where i love how my armor looks. whenever i pass a window or reflective surface at a troop i stop and go " i look so darn cool!!" hahah

He,he. It's not just me then. Whenever I get a quiet moment during a troop I practise some 'moves' in shopfront windows.

Maybe I look like a twit, but I think I'm cool.

Remember - chicks dig armour.... ;)