Lift heels for short trooper

Hi All.

I've only done a few troops and I'm allready sick of "aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper" ( being 5'9" ).

Has any other 'vertically challenged' trooper used lift heels or similar to gain a little extra height? <_<

Any suggestions

Darren TK4841 :salute:

Hi Darren,

Im 5"8 and have in the past used risers to get me up to the 5"10 mark,I had them up to the max height but found it impossible to walk in them as it is like walking in heels and that aint for me.

I will only put one of the blocks in next time which wont feel so weird to walk in

5'9" makes me 5'11" in costume. I've never felt, or heard '...too short...' ;) There are plenty of the Scottish Squad shorter than me, so I'm probably not noticed. :salute:

Being 5'4" I hear that line a lot. ;)

I took a pair of fake crocs, cut them to shape and tucked them inside my too big caboots. Works like a charm, and makes me about one inch higher. I think I am about 5'7" now, with the caboots heels, the crocs and the helmet padding. ;)

• Like 1

Next time we troop Darren we should chat! And always remeber that if someone uses that phrase it generally means they know the movie well and are therefore prime targets to arrest etc- I use the 'too short ' thing to my advantage, turn a negative into a positive.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have FX darren1970?

FX can make you look a little smaller since its one of the bigger molds. Nothing that a little trimming and modding wont fix. Also the leather lifts is a d¤m good idea TK4205. Also good helmet padding idea, probably would have to pad the shoulder straps and bells too so the neck wont seem too long.