It really is a shame

bluehickey

I was listening to my Star Wars soundtracks on CD today (John Williams is the master!) and after listening to Luke, and Vader's theme (heck, even the Ewoks have a musical theme) it made me realize that there was no music themed specifically for stormtroopers, which really is a shame. It would be sweet at events to pump some stormtrooper music loudly that everyone could recognize as we make an entrance, but no, the closest we have is Vader's theme, and that just doesn't fit the bill.

??? I always felt that the Imperial March was really "ours" ...... Hmmmmm make u think....

Actually I think of the whole disk as TK music. :) It's really a movie about us, no?

We're in most every pivotal scene in the movie (if you include our time in TD gear).

I agree with Paul. :) Vader had his own theme in Star Wars (that I wish had been carried over into the latter two in some form*). When I saw Empire at six years old, the Imperial March felt like an anthem of the might of the Empire itself -- embodied by the Stormtroopers. That was reinforced in Return of the Jedi. The best way I can think of to describe the Emperor's Arrival scene and theme is that he's the emboiment of the Empire, and the military was the extension of his will. That's why the embellished Imperial March shifts into the Emperor's Theme in the hangar bay.

That's all hindsight analysis of the visceral impact on me at the time. I've since spent far more time than is probably healthy thinking about the music from the films -- what was, what should have been, etc. :)

--Jonah

* To elaborate on this, I thought it had potential, and find it a shame Williams didn't explore it in Empire and Jedi -- especially if it were combined with the original cue for Binary Sunset.

You could always go for the music from ANH called "Imperial Attack". It's the music during the scene where the stormtroopers bust onto the Tantive IV. It has some elements of Vader's theme in there but it isn't really Vader's theme. There are also some elements of Luke's, and Leia's, themes, and some other "good guy" bits in it, but the general overtone of the music is aggressive and makes one feel like something bad is about to happen.

You could always go for the music from ANH called "Imperial Attack". It's the music during the scene where the stormtroopers bust onto the Tantive IV. It has some elements of Vader's theme in there but it isn't really Vader's theme. There are also some elements of Luke's, and Leia's, themes, and some other "good guy" bits in it, but the general overtone of the music is aggressive and makes one feel like something bad is about to happen.

Is that the one also known as The Death Star/The Stormtrooper by the London Symphony Orchestra?