MR Helmet.

I'm pretty new to the forum, and have done a fair amount of research, but I've come across an MR ANH TK helmet and wanted to know if that particular model is generally acceptable by 501st standards.

The MRs are officially licensed, right? I know a lot of that stuff isn't up to snuff, so I thought I'd check first.

Thanks!

I thought they were acceptable out of the box and the modifications were only required for Elite status.

:huh:

To the original poster:

The face of the MR has a two part construction and one of the mods is to fill in the seam or crack that runs right below the frown.

An other typical mod is the remove the earpieces, which extend too far off of the sides of the helmet, and either thin or replace them.

The inaccurate (undersized) stickers can also be replaced or else hand-paint the details.

Unfortunately, officially licensed doesn't always mean accurate.

Thanks for the info, y'all. How is the size compared to the other types? I'm 6'2 so I don't think I would be too concerned about the size inaccuracy of the FX bucket (in fact since I have a long neck it might be preferable).

That said, when I start my build, I want to do it right.

The mods required for regular membership are to replace the tubestripes and fill the frown gap. And add screws to the ears.

I've done all these mods except for the ear screws, is there a certain type of screws that one should buy specifically for it?

I've done all these mods except for the ear screws, is there a certain type of screws that one should buy specifically for it?

4-40 flat head machine screws. i found them at Home Depot. :)