Another ANH helmet build[*ATA]

Ok so another month goes by and its time for another helmet build ;)

This time it is an ATA helmet. I got this just over a month or so ago and built it up on the first day of it arriving with me, but i had not had a chance to do anything with it since.

ATA as you probably know by now is another styrene helmet kit. Which makes it very easy to work with. It took me about 2 hours to fully trim and assemble the helmet.

Here it is after assembly.

Helmets053.jpg

Helmets054.jpg

Ok i have painted and detailed the helmet and need to get some more pictures taken. Here is is after 2 coats of white enamel gloss, mmm shinny..

ATAhelmet001.jpg

ATAhelmet002.jpg

ATAhelmet003.jpg

Stay tuned for more to some soon :)

Ok my progress on this build has been slow as i juggle working on everything i have in hand..

Ok i have painted the ears, frown and vocoder and for the first time building an ANH helmet, i have used a decal kit for all the traps and the tube stripes. These decals from Mike TK 4510 are a really great colour match to the humbrol #5 i used here on the rest of the helmet. And they do look fantastic, a really great alternative to painstakingly painting the details by hand.

I still need to fit the hovi tips, which i have painted using satin black and add the lens and i need to re-do the vocoder, as the paint ran..

ATAhelmet004.jpg

ATAhelmet007.jpg

ATAhelmet009.jpg

ATAhelmet010.jpg