Battery boxes

Hi,

I am going to have 2 battery boxes with 8xAA in each box (yes it's 16 AA).

The problem is not to have room for them, it's how I can keep them inside the helmet but at the same time easily taken off for re charging the battery's.

And if you wounder why so much power, it's for a Rom/fx that is running better on 12V and for a fan.

Velcro does not work since the battery boxes are open (you see the battery's) and they are also kinda heavy.

// Jimmy

I'll be using a ROM/FX in my helmet with the AA boxes and plan on duct tape over 3/4 of the sides and industrial velcro on the side with the most plastic. Just peel the duct tape off and replace when I need to swap batteries. I'm a big fan of the KISS school. ;)

Hmmmmm lets see....

I got these metal thingys at radio shack that are used to hold batterys, i used industrial velcro to attache them to the helmet it self and they are awesome.

Some ppl here actually vacu-form holding box and also used velcro.

i would look for the metal thingys, if not Chris idea hold water.

What ever way u go plz post pics so that others have another alternative!!!

I'll be using a ROM/FX in my helmet with the AA boxes and plan on duct tape over 3/4 of the sides and industrial velcro on the side with the most plastic. Just peel the duct tape off and replace when I need to swap batteries. I'm a big fan of the KISS school. ;)

Sounds a bit sticky. I know how duct tape can be sometimes if it has been warm....very sticky. Thanks for the idea but this will have to be last on my list.

Hmmmmm lets see....

I got these metal thingys at radio shack that are used to hold batterys, i used industrial velcro to attache them to the helmet it self and they are awesome.

Some ppl here actually vacu-form holding box and also used velcro.

i would look for the metal thingys, if not Chris idea hold water.

What ever way u go plz post pics so that others have another alternative!!!

Vacu forming could be good, but then I would have problem taking out the battery's. The metal thing metod sounds like an idea.

I will post some pictures how it looks now and if/when I have fixed my problem.

Thanks.

I duck-taped 2 pouches that fit within the cavity of my back armor. I put my Rom F/X in one, and put the battery holders in the other. It works like a charm. That way no extra weight in the helmet.

I was thinking about doing something like that but I don't want to have any cabels hanging or be in the way when I take on and off the helmet. So for now I am still gonna try have everything in the helmet.

Thanks for your thoughts :)

I was thinking about doing something like that but I don't want to have any cabels hanging or be in the way when I take on and off the helmet. So for now I am still gonna try have everything in the helmet.

Thanks for your thoughts :)

What way I currently have it, the mic is small and is clipped on to my balaklava, pressed against my lips, so there is no wire in the helmet. You could also use a throat mic too.

be sure to "waterproof" the complete battery and wiring system. you don't want a short circuit going on inside the bucket man.

i've heard of a couple of accidents that happened because of extreme moisture short circuits. electricity and tons of sweat and air condensation in a close environment around your head.... not the best of friends!

be sure to "waterproof" the complete battery and wiring system. you don't want a short circuit going on inside the bucket man.

i've heard of a couple of accidents that happened because of extreme moisture short circuits. electricity and tons of sweat and air condensation in a close environment around your head.... not the best of friends!

If I have a hood on my head that takes most the sweat, then it should be safer. Or will the hood make me sweat even more :huh: .

Yes I know I will have to do something to the batterys but I have seen alot of helmets (only on pictures) where the batterys are not protected agains moist or sweat. Maybe it's those guy's and gal's you are talking about :P .

Thank you.

I replaced these holders

---------

for these which i got at radio shack along with the connectors

--------

i plan on trying to get 2 more for my fans when im ready but at the moment my rom fx is moving to my chest and back plate and im hooked up with a wireless mic and reciever that uses 9v batteries

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

• 3 months later...

I just wanted all that wounder how I solved my problem.

In my helmet I have one fan and one on/off button for it. Then I have the power, mic and speaker cables going from the helmet to my ammo pouch. In the pouch I also have my Rom/fx and 4 X 4 1,2V batteries.

I also made it possible to disconect the cables if I need to remove the helmet and put it down for some reason.

Thanks all for helping me deside how to solv my problem.

:D:D:D

Dump the 1.2v rechargeables and switch to lithium 3.7v batteries. Much lighter, super long lasting.

I run my ROM/FX with three of them for over two days of trooping, almost full volume, only 900 mAh.

I use these, but there are also higher mAh.

Three of them also for fans, you get 12v at full charge.

;)

Dump the 1.2v rechargeables and switch to lithium 3.7v batteries. Much lighter, super long lasting.

I run my ROM/FX with three of them for over two days of trooping, almost full volume, only 900 mAh.

I use these, but there are also higher mAh.

Three of them also for fans, you get 12v at full charge.

;)

I was going to get 3,7V batteries but the place I bought the ones I have didn´t have 3,7 that was re-chargeble.

Will hovewer change in the near future.

Thanks for reminding me to look for them again :) .