Events with weapon policy

so like I want to go to Anime expo as my test run for my TX this year, problem is I am not sure about the weapon policy and if it would pass through

here is what it says on non functional prop weapons which i have a modded hasbro e-11 would this even work if i painted the cap orange well more like "lightly brush paint" would work here is a pic of it =/ how many of ya have an painted cap?

---------

Water guns, squirt guns, and non-functional toy guns (toy guns that do not launch any form of projectile) will only be approved if they are one of the following colors: white, bright red, bright orange, bright yellow, bright green, bright blue, bright pink, or bright purple; either singly or as the predominant color in combination with other colors in any pattern; or are transparent or translucent.

Futuristic Replicas of non-existent weapons may be displayed, provided that they are immediately and obviously recognizable as such. Examples include phasers, ray guns, or light-sabers. Light-sabers with a metal base are permitted, but are subject to the same rules, regulations, and penalties in regards to metal and brandishing set out above. Such replicas are subject to the same material and color restrictions as “Prop Weapons” above.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I remember at CIV in Los Angeles, we were required to check in our "weapons" and have a florescent green "tie" placed on it.

As in Hawaii, California has a very strict "replic guns" law. At our yearly Kawaii Kon, a "tie" weapons program is used to account for our blasters.

If you don't mind the hassle, I'd fabricate an orange-colored plastic tip/cap that you could screw into the barrel of your E-11. When you're in a more "blaster friendly" environment, you could unscrew the orange cap and stow it away.

I have to admit that taking pictures with orange-tipped weapons is lame but events have rules and regulations for public safety.

T :salute:

If you don't mind the hassle, I'd fabricate an orange-colored plastic tip/cap that you could screw into the barrel of your E-11. When you're in a more "blaster friendly" environment, you could unscrew the orange cap and stow it away.

I have to admit that taking pictures with orange-tipped weapons is lame but events have rules and regulations for public safety.

T :salute:

I will try that once i find a cap that for it...maybe an orange soda bottle cap?

Picked up a tip somewhere about using bright orange earplugs for this purpose. Thankfully, Norwegian laws are pretty lax when it comes to carrying replica weapons with a costume, so I´ve never really tried this myself, but it does sound like a good idea. They´re inexpensive, quick and easy to install, and impermanent.

buhahah how do you handle the hole down in the bottom of the holster

how about crumpled paper shoved down the holster to block the hole? If you can assemble armor, you should be crafty enough to block a hole ;)

Dmian said:
-------

thanks for the info that helps since it gives me that paint orange #

as for the cap idea i was searching in the house for random parts and i came up with this...i need to go find the orange spray paint to paint the cap but i just painted it orange for the effect to see if it was alright. its two pieces that i am gluing together atm but it fits

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed