Beginning my first Armor Kit!

My first set of armor arrives tomorrow and I can begin my journey to Joining the Ranks!

My introduction to the 501st will begin with the MRCE and TK armor.

As soon as my Armor shows up hopefully before noon I will start filling this post with pictures of my progress starting with my helmet.

I have had a few ideas for the electronics in my helmet that may be helpful to others.

Nice one mate, remember though, take your time assembling it. Make sure you trim it to your body spec carefully. There are so many good build threads around so take your time.

I'm just waiting for TM armour, so I'm also at the same excitement level LOL

All the best.

While I wait for the mail man (aka my best friend for the day) to deliver my armor today! I will go through and work a bit more on my MRCE Helmet.

Alright, I have started with my speaker system in the helmet using the Radio Shack voiceamp and Two 1x1.5" speakers mounted behind the aerator holes in the helmet using the half egg things from the 50cent machines at grocery stores.

I wrapped the inside of the helmet with soft (loop) Industrial Velcro and the inside of the plastic speaker holders using the hard (hook) side of the velcro and then just stuck it in place and used a bit of pressure to secure it.

So far so good!

This is just a test fit for right now, I will be adding sound proofing from my friends recording studio to reduce chances of feedback.

Br4w01k.jpg

bRSbY0g.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

I suppose at this point since I am going into the building of my armor I should move this topic to the "Assembly, Mods, and Painting (Discusson)" Board.

Soooo if you want to follow my progress then jump this link and I will pick up right where I left off.

My MRCE and FX Armor Build! , My first set of Armor begins.