Need help installing FX lenses

It's time to install the lenses in my FX helmet and I'm not sure how to go about it.

The FX has very little "lip" to apply the glue to and I can't see how it's not going to spread out on to the lens and be visible from the outside.

I saw the thread where someone made little threaded Fimo spacers to glue into the helmet and I do like that idea but so far I've been unable to shape the spacers and then get them out again for baking without changing the shape.

Any tips for the hot-glueing or any other method?

I'm using Smitty's flat lenses BTW.

Thanks

I use hot glue.

I filled the edge on two sides thick. Then gently place the lens in the glue. Careful not to move it.

This allows the glue to cool. Any spill over you can just pick off after it dries.

The lens should be bigger than the eye sockets of the helmet. Try heating the lens with a hair dryer and letting them conform to the helmet then let them cool. I usually hold the lens in place and squirt caulk under the edge of the lens around the eye socket on the inside. Just dont squirt too much that it squeeses out between the lens and the eye socket and is visible from the outside. I wish I had a picture to show you what Im talking about :(

Thanks all.

Got the bottom and the sides glued but the top it gonna be kinda tough since the helmet is already assembled.

Doesn't seem to show from the outside though.

Maybe it'll just be extra ventilation.

:lol:

Thanks all.

Got the bottom and the sides glued but the top it gonna be kinda tough since the helmet is already assembled.

Doesn't seem to show from the outside though.

Maybe it'll just be extra ventilation.

:lol:

Take all the ventilation you can get bro! :D