Attaching shoulder straps to chest plate

The plastic shoulder straps are purely cosmetical, so the best way to attach them is to fix them to the chest plate only using E6000 glue. The back end of the shoulder strap can either be left alone, or for a screen accurate look, use a 1/4" thin strips of white elastic to hold them in place.

The best way to connect your chest and back plate is to use an elastic strap 'inside' your armour to connect the pieces. Elastic is good as it allows more movement than webbing, plus, it's screen accurate :) Use snaps to connect the inner shoulder straps to the chest and back plate.

Rivets are not the way to go.. To permanent and will look like poo... There are really only 2 rivets I can think of that you need and that is for the thigh box and the knee plate.

To TM you listen... that is the Ideal way to attach them. I have used Velcro, but they pop off from time to time.

I wouldn't say it looks like poo to use rivets. A lot of older suits were done this way as most folks just didn't know about the technique Paul ™ describes. It will look fine, but the question is why use rivets when there is a more cosmetically pleasing, more accurate, and more secure way of doing this.

Fortunately for folks with suits with rivets, they're easy to pop off and you can simply get a replacement set and then do the method Paul describes.

.... as most folks just didn't know about the technique Paul describes.

Awww....man! You just trademarked the name "Paul"??? Guess I'll need to take it off the future baby names list or pay you royalties until he's 21. ;)