MRCE mod question.

Hey Guys

Great names! LOL

Watch out when you take the stock stripes off. If you use a solvant to remove them you will remove the paint.

I didn't realize the mrce was painted but it is and resulted in a full repaint for me.

Be really careful if you don't want to repaint...I didn't care either way, but I wanted to see if I could handle with care my first time around, and I didn't have to repaint my first one.

2nd one, tho...I might just do it to see what it looks like by my hand...:)

Good luck!

There was a thread on here about a MRCE redo that was done without painting. It's possible, you just have to find something of a similar color to fill in the front seam gap.

I think this is the thread -----

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

I did mine without repainting (much). I had to paint where I filled the crack, but it did not need a total repaint. When you redo the stripes, use magic eraser. It will take those stripes right off. (scary stuff!)

I used magic eraser and I could still see a ghost image of the stripes so I started scrubing like crazy.

Where the left tube stripe was its all tan colored in the pic. It took the white paint right off.

I was just gonna repaint the frown till that happened.

rSFRxJ9.jpg