this is what i used to make mine www.muftak.com/ng/tk821/Neckpiece.htm. Just copy and paste this in your address bar and the instructions call for you to fold your batting into three layers but i did two layers instead

Tk9122(Chris Steiner)

Arkansas Crimson nova Squad of the Star Garrison

trust me your idea works but if your want to to go for or at least looking accurate then go with my idea mine is made from the back part of an old black t shirt and batting folded in to 2 layers and then you fold the material over the batting and sew your ribs into it

Turrican said:
Mhhh Question.

How was the movie ones made?

Handmade?

Which material?

Or have they used existing ones?

Any info?

Here's a post from TM on the subject from the MEPD :)

troopermaster said:
I think the original neck seals for the stormtroopers were from dive suits. I have bought four different versions and none are a 100% match. One of them is close but the ribs are less pronounced. I think the neck seals may be from deep sea dive suits rather than regular dive suits because every seal I bought was the largest availbe and still choked me and I only have a 17" neck. You can find these on ebay, and all you need to do is cut the bib into shreads and it looks exactly like the ones in the photo Billy posted. The hero neck seals are obviously custom made.

The hero's look like they could be leather or vinyl no one knows for sure.I don't think they

were zipped, it looks more like the back joined together with velcro or possibly hooks

Stunt / Background

-------

-------

------

-----

Hero Style

-------

-----

---

I hope this helps :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed