ANH EIB Handguard Requirement?

Billy is that me to your left? I haven't seen this one- it is the Movium troop I presume.

Here ya go mate,

PIC.1. <--Me, Chris and you --> in the center of the door way...(VIVA! la short troopers B) )

PIC.2.Me and you in the forground at the end of the honour guard.( <--you left & me right--> )

PIC.3.....well what can I say?....... :D

3444718523_bce4c68101_o.jpg

3444752643_a392d7c9e8_o.jpg

3411029116_2da69cfe5d_b.jpg

It was a brilliant troop mate and we got some great photos.

:D

Wow - thanks for posting Billy! What an awesome group of great looking suits! I'm surprised the entire UKG isn't EIB by now.

This is not required. You can still use plastic if you want. We're now making latex OK is all.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a set as they have to be more comfortable on the back of the hand than the ABS. I'm just wondering if someone made them out of a non-latex rubber or flexible plastic (think gummy flexible stuff you get out of the .25 cent vending machines) if that would work?

Hmmm wonder if R2Dan would like a challenge? Find a nice non-latex to cast with? The run may be limited, but if you think about the chances of coming into contact with a child with latex allegies... It might be worth switching if the option was available. I still have to wonder how much risk there is if paint over the latex guards. May have to go look at some of the allergy forums and see if anyone has experience with it.

Urethane is usually a good alternative- I know I have Bat cowls made of latex and urethane so I'm sure it would work.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I see the change in the EIB requirements to be latex, so I guess my next step is to purchase a set and paint them. Then allow my wife to handle them after the paint is set and see if she has any reactions. (Hmmmm how many roses does it take to ask someone to be a test bunny?)