A Soon to be Trooper in Need...

Runnriottt

I have been working with a fellow Navy bud here in Sasebo to get into his armor. He is soon to transfer to Shore and is ready to start trooping.

I need some help though.

Story goes we met at Church. I was wearing my FISD shirt at the time and he broke the ice by asking my if I was 501st. I was blown away that he know what it was even. He is a Chief, so an E-7. We struck up a conversation and through that I found out that he was in Sando for a long time and loved Comicon. Attended every year and always wanted to be a trooper but had no time for his Career. I can identify. Navy life is rough.

He was in a tight spot caring for a sick Mother in the states. She just passed on yesterday, so they will be making the second trip home in less than 3 months. I know that trip is no joke price wise, and he is kinda tapped with the whole finance issue, so there goes the armor budget.

Its on my heart to give him armor. My FX and AP combo is going to him on May 10 for there going away party here at the Church. He is transferring to Northern Japan, so he will be in my Garrison.

I am really starting this thread to ask his future Comrades in arms for items they deem a new trooper to have. I want to make a special day for him and his wife, who is ultra supportive of his wanting to troop.

One thing I am planning to do is to "Knight" him with Armor. It will be a total surprise to him and his wife when Lord Vader brings him his White Suit.

Stickers, patches, extra stuff lying around for a trooper in need... Anything. I know the FISD is one big band of brothers so I thought I would ask.

I go on a limb for the few that are true, and I know his heart is in the Lord as well as in the Legion to do the work needed in armor.

Thanks guys in advance and thanks for reading this.

I'm sending these out today, this week has been hell. I have them addressed, sealed, and in a envelope. Going to the post office in like 30 minutes.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of updates...

Yes, Patches are here, along with a second care pack. I am sure the blaster will arrive, I have faith! I am cleaning up his armor today, making sure all is ship shape and Ill be doing a ton of pics Sunday.

He will be one happy trooper!

Arrrggghhh!!! It wont make it in time for the knighting but I got a pair of Nomex flight gloves just laying around believe it or not. Need em?

Sure.. Ill just send them on to them. They are not leaving Japan, so Ill have their addy. Cool man!

Ill let him know he has gloves as well!

You are all Awesome. Makes a trooper feel good there are so many great guys here.

I just wanted to tell you all that today's troop was an awesome one.

I didnt get to many pics, but some did and will share them with me.

We had our farewell service in the park for our departing church family today. Last night I finished up the armor tweeks I needed to do, boxed it all up in his tote, bagged the helmet, installed FBJ's Belt and straps, the holster that was donated, Made sure the patches were in place and dug out Vader for today.

It was 80 degrees, and I had no place to change, but Made it work. It was a short troop, for its an outside one, and Vader is a hot costume in the sun.

So after our outside service, I armored up. As I and my handlers snuck up on Steve, the teens brought his box over. Vader told him he has work to do, and for that work he will need armor.

When the box was opened, He was totally in shock. He was given the AP helmet and put it on. Vader then Knighted him with his saber. I then showed him his sholder bell, that has the verse from the bible

Ephesians 6:10-18.

One happy new trooper. He was so thankful for all that was donated. I explained that his blaster and gloves will be here soon and I would send them on. The only thing he needs to pick up is an under suit and a pair of boots. His wife had tears. What a wonderful day.

He told me later on, while I was explaining the costume, that he had just looked at the 501st site trying to figure out how to go about getting armor. He was planning on me asking today. Maybe after Japan, the Empire City Garrison or the Socal garrison will get a motivated trooper.

I will be directing him to the FISD, as for he really wants to thank all of you Guys.

As do I.

Thanks for making one memorable day for a long time Star Wars Fan.

Nate

PROUD 501st!