To cut or not to cut....

I have an extremely nice set of TM armour which I love! I trooped it for the first time this weekend and on the whole, although a very different trooping experience to my old FX, I got the hang of it fairly easily.

There are a few minor adjustments here and there but all the usual kind of things you would expect when fine tuning your armour for trooping. That is with the exception of one thing.

It has been duly noted by those in the UKG that, although not the shortest, I am certainly not a tall trooper!

I have trimmed the bottom of the calves as they were too long and think I may need to take a little more off, but I'm also considering cutting out a little behind the knee from the bottom of the thigh and the top of the calf armour as some troopers in ANH did have this mod. Basically I'm wondering what people think of this? Has anyone else done it, is there a correct way to do it as far as shape of the cut goes? I would assume they did this on the screen used ones for ease of movement so it seems it may be the answer for me. I figured I'd see what you guys thought- Thanks!

The shape is fine , just too long! I'll watch the movie again and see if I can pause some shots for a better look.

_5.jpg

Look at the screen used armour Gary.

You can try timming the backs in a kind of triangle shape tapering to the middle and see how that goes. I'm guessing you'll have to do both the thighs and the shins, but just try doing thighs first and then the shins to see how they feel. If that doesn't feel much better, trim out the whole of the raised section. Make sure the ends where you cut are not squared off but angled, it will look better.

The shape is fine , just too long! I'll watch the movie again and see if I can pause some shots for a better look.

Hi Gary,

I had to do what Paul suggested and trim the bottom too. I'm 5' 9" - long body, short legs. :lol:

Ok- so Chris (TK2233) and Nik (TK3883)have been helping me this evening, and as it has turned out we haven't had to trim at all yet! We have adjusted the way the armour sits and removed some of the padding which has meant the armour sits much better and is much more comfortable! I may need to raise the height of the cut at the heel only a little, just to allow the foot a little more flexibility but it will be a mini tweek in comparrison to what I suspected we may have to do. It is a good lesson as really you cannot judge properly yourself what needs doing you really need another set(s) of eyes to see where the problems are. I'll let you know how it turns out as I'm trooping the next two days!