mix, match voice amps?

OK you electronics experts out there (Smitty, etal)...

I've got the Scott respirator system already; it's awesome.

--------

This week I found these Memorex wireless microphone components. I think they were part of my son's toy drum kit at one point. I love the headset!

---------

So what can I do with these Memorex components and my Scott system (if anything)? I have no idea. I'm so clueless I can't get the two Memorex components to work together as is... and yes they have new batteries in them and they power up. ;)

At least I want to use the mic headset with my Scott. How would I do that? OR if I can turn it into a wireless system somehow... :dance:

Keep in mind I am electronically challenged big time. :rolleyes:

Thanks for any help!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

Is there an output jack on the receiver? And if so let me get a pic of that. You may need to sync the frequencies of the receiver and transmitter. There should be either a switch or a potentiometer adjustment for that which will look like a small screw adjustment knob on the transmitter or receiver.

Is there an output jack on the receiver? And if so let me get a pic of that. You may need to sync the frequencies of the receiver and transmitter. There should be either a switch or a potentiometer adjustment for that which will look like a small screw adjustment knob on the transmitter or receiver.

I'll check... I'm away for the weekend but when I get home I'll look. I may just send the whole mess to you to work on and pay you a service fee. :)

But I'll check on the output jack first. Thanks dude.

not sure why you would want to combine the two? I thought the whole point of the respirator system was because of how the mic was built into it. Why bother using the respirator system if you are not going to use the mic?

not sure why you would want to combine the two? I thought the whole point of the respirator system was because of how the mic was built into it. Why bother using the respirator system if you are not going to use the mic?

i actually have mix/matched systems, and i can answer this question.

I used the respirator system, but was unhappy with the sound quality, as it is "too good". stormtrooper coms dont sound like perfectly amplified voice, which is what the respirator system is striving to do.

In the end, after experimentation with a few systems, i found that the respirators amp was very nice, and combined with the walmart voicechanger microphone, and stompers hovis, the sound quality is that perfect "radio" sounding voice, with great volume, and good feedback control with the volume knob from the SEA system.

If youre going with a headset, I would not use the wireless kit. The wireless kit is good when you have the electronics mounted in your helmet, but if you use a headset it would be just as simple to have the wire ran inside of the neckseal. Just my 2 cents ;)

That makes sense.

I know it's a preference thing but given the components I have what would you suggest, wireless or not?

Just got back in town... I'll check on that output jack on the receiver this evening.

Oh, and I may host a GA garrison get together one day... not much of a partier anymore with a wife and 2 young kids... quit drinking altogether in fact 3 yrs ago. I could host a barbeque or something similar I bet. Are those sorts of things done from time to time?

Thanks for the electronic advice too.

Did you say Barbecue? :wub:

If the headset wears comfortably under your helmet I wouldn't mess with a wireless rig at all. Less components to fail and less batteries to deal with.

OK. I have it in front of me but I don't have my camera. If you need a pic I can get it.

The headset does in fact wear comfortably under the lid.

To answer your previous question there is a "line out" on the Memorex wireless receiver. But that point may be mute/moot if I simply want to use the headphones/mic with the Scott respirator. Is there a relatively simple way to make that a reality?

Thanks Smitty for your help on this.

Depending on the impedance rating of the microphone its should be just a simple coaxial cut and splice. Cut the mic of the end of the respirator amp wire, then cut the plug off the end of the headset mic wire. Then splice the headset wire to the amp wire. If the impedance of the two match ($5 says it will) its should work like a charm.