Wants some tips before my first trooping!

Hi guys!

I am finished with my armor now and I am waiting for my tk number to arrive. I will be trooping for the first time next weekend and i start to feel kinda comfy in the armor.

Just have some final question.

You can see that I am a tall guy (6,2" =190cm) and therefore I need to keep the calvs a bit down on the legs (so the shoes dont pop out under the calvs) which results in that the sniperplate cuts right in the knee. Cant figure out a good way to solve it and I will be very happy with all the help and tips i can get. this will prob hurt like hell after a day of troopeing?

and to the second question:

Is here anyone here that has cut off all the plastic that goes between your legs and connect the front and back? Mine is touching eachother when assemble and it cuts in the inside of the legs, can i cut it off and only use elastic to hold them togheter or should i leave some there?

and 3e:

If trooping inside i guess a fan is almost a must?

and last question:

What glue do i use to glue foam with in the helmet and on the body armor? is it supoose to be a special glue or can i use epoxy that i had to the armor?

And offcourse any tips that you guys learnd on your first trooperevent :)

thanks for all the help i can get :)

Have a nice one

Andreas

I'm trying to figure out how to cram fans into my bucket now. I did the wiring for the voice amp, 2 battery packs, a control box, 2 speakers and 2 fans, but now I'm trying to figure out where to put the fans since my padding is nice and comfy.

It´s maybe a bit too late to fix this now, as I see your sniper knee plate is riveted in place, but the problem of having it rubbing against your knee can be solved by angling it a little bit forward, instead of having it sit flush with the leg piece. But that would mean you would have to drill out the rivets, fill the holes with some putty, make new holes a few millimeters more to the front, and rivet the sniper knee plate in place there...Bit of an operation, but if it´s really bugging you, it might be worth it.

I´ve trimmed the cod piece on the sides, where it meets the thigh pieces, as well as the "lip" on the underside, reaching back towards the butt plate. I found it lots more comfortable.

I never bothered with installing fans, but it does get hot in there, and the amount of time you can keep the helmet on really is what limits how long you can troop without a break. For me, that´s a maximum of two hours. So I wouldn´t say it´s a must, but I´m sure it helps, also with keeping your lenses from fogging up (however, I suggest going to a store where they sell glasses, motorcycle helmets or diving equipment, and ask if they sell anti-fog liquid).

For the foam, I would suggest using velcro, so you can change it once it starts to smell a bit funky...

Best of luck getting your Legion ID#, and with your first troop! I´m sure the other guys and gals in the Garrison will take good care of you!

Oh, and remember to bring a Trooper First-Aid Kit; pack some super glue, extra velcro, white electrician´s tape, gaffer´s tape, a multitool (like a Swiss army knife or a Leatherman), extra batteries (if you have a sound system or decide on installing fans), band-aid for blisters (like Compeed) and a couple of energy bars and a water bottle...That should pretty much cover most of the accidents and situations I can think of.

You can also heat up the knee plate with a heat gun or hair dryer and angle it pointing out more away from you knee.

Congratulations on getting your #.

I'm about 6'-1" or so. A lot of your issues sound very familiar to me. I have the same problem with my sniper plate pinching my knee. It's painful, and it's only armor bite spot. I've done both things that were suggested on here, neither helped all that much. I've angled the plate forward and I used a heat gun to put a curve in it. The best thing that has helped me is to wear your shin just slightly off center. It really doesn't take much off center to reduce the pinching.

The groin issue, I'm still working on. Mine has started rubbing the inside of my thighs and the cod piece never seems to be sitting right. I have to constantly adjust it. It's separated from ab piece.

Good luck. It really is a learn as you go process.