MRCE for elite

Hi everyone, I have tried searching on this subject but got over 2000 hits so if this is a repeat I apologise. The question is this. I have an fx suit I am seriously modding, I am aiming for elite status straight away (whilst an fx is accepted for this). my lid is going to be an mrce. Ignoring for my current purpose and cash level the fact that the lids symetrical ( its better then the fx in my opinion) and not quite right my question is this.

My minimum personal requirement is new lenses, new tube stripes, cut down ears and filled in frown (with caulk and over painted in a suitable humbrol gloss white). Now is this enough for elite?

The reason I ask is that I have the opportunity with a bit more work to fill in the frown properly, and get the whole lid resprayed but I have not decided whether the extra work is worth it if at some point in the future this helmet will be disallowed. Can I have some opinions on what people would do. Basically I dont really want to respray as I like the finish the lid has now unless I have to.

I am doing the same thing as you. I'm almost ready for elite application actually. I did the non-paint method for the mrce, and I think it came out great. Don't forget to add the ear screws.

You don't have to cut down the ears for approval, but I personally think they look a lot better. If you're careful you can do it without having to repaint the bucket. Also, some think you have to raise the brow but this is again false. I personally think the brow looks great as it is.

I can post some pics tonight so you can see what I'm talking about. Good luck man, let me know if you have any questions. :)

Yes a modded MRCE is acceptable for elite. Personally I think they look better repainted as the white plastic they are made of is much brighter than the FX armor, or the white paints used for other armor makers. But repainting is not required for elite.

Further questions

Have spoken to my tame paint shop who have advised me that a respray will get it looking the best so it looks like a full strip down, which means all the work I have done so far is to be undone. (gutted) but having said that the end results will make it worth.

Further questions are as follows.

Teeth - I have filed these out but not loads, I have cut out a bit more top and bottom to make the frown lines line up a bit better, but how much should I take out of the left and right? I have seen the photos of other peoples work but cant really see on them how much has been taken out. are people filing the curves on the outside of each tooth square? or is that too much.

err, thats about it really.

any thoughts would be helpful

Garreth

I only filed the teeth bigger and opened the last tooth on each side, so I got the correct number of teeth. That's all that was needed.

So you didn't need to change the lenses? Mine's in the mail now. Did you caulk the crack?