armor repair

whilst removing my shin armor the other day, i heard a small *snap* and saw that a crack had formed on the inside of the armor right below the inner knee. i'm sure many people have had to deal with this kind of thing before and am looking for the best way to treat this and get the most out of the armor without having to get new shins. it's ABS armor, by the way. thanks in advance for any replies.

I would get a small piece of ABS, and shape it with a heat gun to fit the inside, then glue it over the crack. Will add a little bit of stiffness to the shin, but it should also prevent the split form growing!!

Is your brand of suit one that has a lip on it.the reason im asking is my mate has an sds suit and has had 2 cracks in it,funilly enough at the top of the shin which happened when taking them off.I believe that the lip on these suits although good to show an illusion of depth ,is bad as when you are opening the shins up to take off or put on the lip part is being pulled in the wrong direction hence it cracking.What we have done to the shins on my mates shin was to remove the lip which removed the crack ,and prevent any further splitting but still sticking a piece of abs behind or extra strength.

Ā 

Ā 

do you have any pics of the crack