how about these boots?

Opinions please... found these at Rack Room Shoes.com. I think that's an elastic section on the side of the ankle but can't be sure. I wonder if I can dye them correctly.... :huh:

------

P.S. How do you cut and paste pictures to these posts? It won't let me for some reason... :angry:

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Boots look good if dyed properly. The toe is a bit more square than trooper boots, but not sure if this is a problem.

Daric LaRone said:
P.S. How do you cut and paste pictures to these posts? It won't let me for some reason... :angry:

1. Open an account at ---------and login to it.

2. Right click on the image on the website you want to display in a post.

3. Save the image to your desktop.

4. Upload the image to your photobucket account (brows for images on your computer).

5. You will be shown the chosen image in your image list with some link codes below it when you hover over it.

6. Copy the one that has--------

7. Paste that code into your post and preview your post to see the image is inserted correctly before posting.

8. Once you're happy, post away! :)

Seems complicated at first, but you'll get used to it. You can hotlink images from other sites, but it's frowned upon (not to say I haven't done it.) ;)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

They don't look as tall as most trooper boots. The on concern is if your shin armor will stay over the tops.

Yeah, get some taller ones! Mine are a pain, they pop over the shins. I need to work something out to make them stay in place. I would buy caboots if I were you. Dying and modding is a pain, and they'll never look as good. You will have to replace the elastic band too, it's hard to dye it properly. I had to hand sew white elastic to mine.

Daric LaRone said:
Opinions please... found these at Rack Room Shoes.com. I think that's an elastic section on the side of the ankle but can't be sure. I wonder if I can dye them correctly.... :huh:

-------

They don't look too bad, but as the others have said, you may have problems

with your shins riding over the top but they're cheaper than a lot out there

-------

If you haven't got a photo hosting account and you want to paste a picture.

Right click on the picture, select 'properties'

In the Properties window go down to 'Address (URL)' and you'll see something

like this which ends with 'jpg'

==========

copy this. In your post reply, click on the 'Insert Image' icon (2nd one , next to the smileys)

and then paste the --------- in the

window. If you've done it correctly you should have these either side off the address

I personally think they look good painted, and if they get scuffed up you can just

touch up with sneaker whitener or just leave them like the originals :)

--------

If you don't like the elastic to be patchy you don't have to replace them you can

lighten them with a diluted bleech soloution prior to dying / painting them.

I've done it and it works really well B)

Hope this helps :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Thanks everyone for the inputs... The more I think about the more I'll probably save up for the CaBoots. Maybe they'll have an after Christmas sale... :lol: I am attempting to take SuperTrooper's advice and go for elite status from the start, i.e. do it right the first time if at all possible.

I'd have a heck of a time dying the boots in any event... I've got bigger Mon Calamari to fry... Just ordered by first set of armor from Deckard/Ward and it should be here in about a week! Best. Christmas. Ever. :D

Derek